Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks P&B
smile.png

Btw, I talked to Okiemommy last night on FB... I'm gonna pick up one of her kittens, and when I can get the silkie eggs to hatch, I'm going to inflict silkies on her (don't worry, I think she said she wanted them...
lol.png
)

Quote:
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks P&B
smile.png

Btw, I talked to Okiemommy last night on FB... I'm gonna pick up one of her kittens, and when I can get the silkie eggs to hatch, I'm going to inflict silkies on her (don't worry, I think she said she wanted them...
lol.png
)

What is FB - I have seen it several times used by different people
hu.gif

Those kittens are light as a feather and cute as can be. If I could figure out a carrying bag or something, I would put that kitten in it and carry it around with me while I feed the chickens, so it would get acclimated to the poultry.

We are waiting on two pair of Seramas to come in. I cannot wait. I don't know the color or size but they are from one of the top breeders. Once the girls see them, I'm sure they will fall in love too. I'm on pins and needles!

Quote:
Oh Engie....I am so excited that you posted. I live in Claremore and would LOVE for you to show me how to make these. I saw one at the Afton auction and before I went back to buy it someone had bought it. I'll pm you if you don't mind.

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

Quote:
Thank you Donna, I have never talked to a doctor about it but I seem to really have trouble in the winter months, Again thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I will pull out of it, as Henny says "pull up my boots and lace them alittle tighter & keep pluggin along"

I was having a problem with mild depression most of the time and was taking two naps a day a few years ago (I usually don't even take one). My doctor had a sleep study done--I thought it was silly and it would be no problem--and it showed I had almost severe sleep apnea. the main problem with this, besides depression and being tired from lack of sleep, is your blood oxygen goes down and it damages all your organs. I've been on a CPAP machine ever since, and it has made a HUGE difference. No more depression, few naps.

Morning all : There have been a few post and questions referring to these bucket feeders, I will try and explain how I made mine and show you how they look.

AL

as you can see LF can eat just fine out of these, Banty's do Ok but chicks can't use them. These feeders hold up extremely well, are very tough. you have virtually no waste and are very easy to use.
10364_img_0087.jpg

These are gravity flow feeders so as they eat down the feed more is replaced but doesn't overflow.
10364_img_0091.jpg

I use 5 gallon buckets because I get them free, and buy 4" deep galvanized pans you can get at any farm supply store for $3.00-4.00 . I leave the handles on so they are easy to carry, they hold about 25lbs of feed when full.
10364_img_0090.jpg

I drill 3- 2" holes right at the bottom of the bucket, drill 3 smaller holes on the inside bottom to the size of your bolts. Then mark your holes on the pan and drill those. I use washers with the bolts line them up bolt them on. I glue a cheap funnel to the bottom of the feeder to help push out the feed when it gets low.
10364_img_0089.jpg

So there you have it, they are easy to make easy to use, cheap and last forever. Not to mention they save feed from waste due to the weather as opposed to open top feeders.

AL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom