Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, like you I would be leaving mine in the coop. I gotta run into town tommarow so I can pick up a funnel then. Now If we can make one easy enough for water we'd be all set. Im gonna try to make a few out of my 1 gallon buckets for the smaller pens and see how that goes over.

Quote:
I have tried using the same basic idea for water, here is what I did. turn the bucket upside down and bolt the bucket lid to the pan, drill only 1 small hole at the lowest point you can on the bucket itself. Fill the bucket with water and snap on the lid turn it upside down. The problem with any of these types of presure systems is the seal, if it sucks air it will leak. I tried it rightside up but the lid never provided a good enough seal, but when turned upside down the weight of the water creates a better presure seal with the air pocket on top. works good.

AL

Quote:
Gorilla glue/rubber cement/silicone caulk. anything you have laying around works good.

AL

Quote:
Petey was a Pit Bull. That is how they looked before the idiots ruined the breed by making them smaller and overly agressive.

The most highly decorated dog in war time was a Pit, one of the Marine's Devil Dogs of WW-II. It was the Japanese that gave the dogs that name of Devil Dogs, they were highly feared in the Pacific Theater.

What a great fact. I didn't know that.

How cool I thought ole petey was a Boxer. The knowledge on this board is 2nd to none.

Morning Okies, how's everyone today? Thanks Al, I wasn't at home when they were asking about the feeders and it was dark when I got home. I have one setup with a smaller, more shallow pan that works well with banties and even week-old chicks, but can be used by LF without making a mess.

Quote:
I haven't been able to find anybody who was working with standard size MFCs. I know it's a big project, but there are quite a few of us willing to work with it if we can get ahold of the starter birds.

There is a thread on the BYC board dedicated to Mille Fluer Cochin projects.

Quote:
I know... I'm subbed to it
smile.png

The lady who has foundation stock for possible MFCs in standard bred buff to light columbian, I believe. She has at least another generation to go before she'll get MF colored chicks.

We were talking about it... I'm on her list for possible spring eggs... since I've just about got J talked into buying me a bator for my birthday.

AL, I have a question on the bucket waterers.
How hard is it to turn them over once you fill them with water? How do you do it.

Not a problem for manly men but for the delicate guys like Teach and myself it might be hard to hang on to and control while turning it back over.

I have officially seen it all now.............My guinea's are out in the yard, its kinda windy here. Just a little bit..............well they are scratching away at the ground all of a sudden one of them is picked up by the wind and moved. That poor birds looked up like who did that, what the heck just happened. Poor things are having troubles staying grounded.

Thanks Al got that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom