Eggs due - I'm sitting on my hands :) Updating with PICS... +Video

marathonmultiplesmom

Songster
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
Chehalis, WA
so far, no pips but I see a few rocking eggs. Also, I notice some of them have moved from where I placed them originally. I think there are 39 eggs in there. Mix of Delaware, Barred Rock, Black Australorp, Buff Orpington & Rhode Island Red... hmm, am I forgetting any? don't think so. Should be a good looking bunch!

Pics located at post 5, 10, 13, 15, 17

Video link in post 22
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I'm expecting mine on friday and I've haven't hear or seen anything yet. I've only got 4 this time 1 polish bantam and 3 cp quails there were 6 bantams but only 1 fertile
hmm.png
. You seem to have a good selection, I love orpingtons
love.gif
Hope they hatch soon for you
jumpy.gif

Good luck hope they hatch soon
smile.png
I have 24 pheasant eggs coming off the turner on friday and two thai asil eggs that are expected tomorrow..

Last edited:
Around 5AM I woke up to the sound of chirping. The incubators are next to my bed... LOL! But thats the only place where my 3 year old twins and curious 1 year old won't get to them
smile.png

I got up to check on them and didn't see much action so I went back to bed but now at about 10:30 I am starting to see some pips! I think I have a barred rock pip and a buff orpington pipping now so they are my early birds. They are actually "due" at 11PM today. My forced air incubator is the one with all the action. The still air eggs seemed to be just a smidge behind the whole incubation process. I had the forced air set at 99.5 and the still air set at 100.5-101.5. It varied depending on which way the egg turner was pointed but it seemed like a good average. I will keep posted.

This is actually my first chicken hatch! I've only done goslings before this and they were like pulling teeth... so many issues. This has been a breeze so far, especially having the auto-turners.

Also, these are also ALL SHIPPED EGGS! But I did start with more. Had a number of infertile eggs and a few quitters along the way.

Last edited:
Here are my first pips! Oh this is fun. I hope it continues to be this fun every time... Without opening the bator, I think one is a buff orpington and one is barred rock. The first egg happens to be under the thermometer and you can see the corner of the plastic. I am also seeing more eggs starting to rock.

June2010073.jpg

June2010072.jpg

its coming along. Now there are 6 pips and the first 2 look like they have started to zip because it looks like 2 pips each side by side. I whistle at them and they squeak back at me. My goslings did that in April and May so its nice to chat with an egg again.

Still waiting for them to hatch. I announced to them that it is now an official race. I don't know if that will help but it can't hurt either!

Just got a hatcher! Can't quite read the letters to know which type but its dark. This was a vigorous little one. It pipped and hatched in just a couple hours while some of the others have been pipped since morning.

nowhatching.jpg

Its a Barred Rock.
June2010079.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom