Florida Sunshine Classic, Jan. 8-9, Lake City, FL. Fairgrounds

Had a great time this weekend. My cochin got BV. But he was the only birchen, so not much of a challenge! Was happy to meet several BYC members. Good to put faces to online names. I have a question for everyone that was there. Does anyone know who the guy selling birds second from the door was? I bought some birds from him and forgot to get his NPIP number. He was selling standard RIR's and bantam RIR's. I think he also had OE's or some other type of bantams. I also think he was showing. Please let me know if might know who he was. Have got to miss Newton show, does anyone know another show in the south coming up?

My daughter and I drove up for the show - loved seeing all the nice birds. Was surprised at how few LF breeds were represented.

Absolutely loved the blue orpingtons! Wish they posted whose birds they are - at least after the judging.

Would have stopped by the BYC table, but everyone was gone when we came out of the show.

Thanks to all who had birds there for us to enjoy!

Last edited:
Anyone have info for the call duck guy that was buy the entrance of the exhibition, my husband and one of the ducks bonded and I could not raise the guy for anything.

They were in wooden cages, this particular duck was in the handmade wooden cages on the top right cage.

I must find this vendor!!!

Picts um... in this post later... unless I reply again...

I got four hopefully female BCM from:

Julie and Jim Akers
They usually do rabbits.
NIPI = FL-1429

I have a phone # and e-mail but need their permission to post.

Last edited:
Fire Not to rain on your DH's parade but that little duck bonded with my granddaughter as well. She has me looking for white call ducks for her LOL Hopefully they will have some at the show in Newnan Her birthday is coming up in March and that would be a great surprise for her.

Quote:
I see, good to know (he/she didn't like me)- now I just need any imprinted cute duck... that lays nice eggs...???

Oh and after telling me how preposterous silkies look he wants ...some... (nice ones...) hehe heh heh

44847_giants_and_chickens_029.jpg

44847_giants_and_chickens_030.jpg

44847_giants_and_chickens_031.jpg

44847_giants_and_chickens_032.jpg

44847_giants_and_chickens_033.jpg

44847_giants_and_chickens_041.jpg

Oh And we got there just before lunch was served... and we bought the last four suspected girls, I am owed a boy do to the number I got- left all the other boys which were bought by the lady behind me.

I asked the two people displaying silkies by the main split in the road, they told me who to look for.

They came (J and J) with 40 left with 0 at 12:20ish.

Last edited:
Quote:
Looks like 1 of your marans is a little boy. Marans tend to show huge combs and wattles early.

That one also has thick legs and pumps his legs when he flys... *sigh* gender was NOT garunteed- he had the same amount of tail as the girls, and more tail then other suspected boys.

Had a great time. enjoyed meeting up with so many of you. Was Nava there and i didn't know who I was talking to?
I am very tired tonite. Congrats all who showed.

Quote:
I wanted to talk to you too, where were you?

well I'll be coming up to Newman, do you have any white Orps?

ETA) wait...... did we talk?

Last edited:
Nava I was looking for your Orps you were going to show and didn't see them so I thought you must not be there. I Had a name tag on. I stayed till the Orps were judged and then we went to Jacksonville on the River and ate at the Brick where I had some scrumptious Shrimp and Grits. By the time we traveled back across the bridge to Hobby Lobby, we were about done in. I got up early and made it back to Lake City at 7;30 am Sun and fed and watered everyone before they gave out the plaques and let us take the birds out. Danny Padgett was a gracious Host. Really enjoyed

Back
Top Bottom