Dog Kennel Coops

Quote:
Don't the coyotes dig under, the raccoons reach in, possums come in, etc.? How do you keep them all out so well?
ep.gif

Can't dig under if you put a skirt/apron around the bottom. line the inside with about 2 ft high with chicken wire to keep them from reaching in and birds from sticking their heads out. I've never lost a bird in my coop or run . I have lost them to dogs while they were free ranging.

I will try and get pics today of my setup, I have 2 10x20 chain link runs and one 20x20 chain link run. I have not had any problems but I do have multiple dogs that run my yard, so they keep most things run off..

Candace

I dont think I ever added mine either.. I purchased from tsc doc bob kennels..and then painted them black

I purchased two of them

Here ya go
2011-03-13143946.jpg

I also have now added cattle panel pen area to the right of it for my goats
Goats012.jpg

Last edited:
Can't dig under if you put a skirt/apron around the bottom. line the inside with about 2 ft high with chicken wire to keep them from reaching in and birds from sticking their heads out. I've never lost a bird in my coop or run . I have lost them to dogs while they were free ranging.

so just regualr chicken wire over the chain link? no need for hardware cloth? what about the top?​

I have a small kennel that I can move around the yard. I put the birds in it so they can get some fresh grass

Here is my little country, recycled coop.
hmm.png
I received a free dog kennel and free pallets and tin. I only used 2 of the panels. Will use the other 2 dog kennel panels to make another coop.

6612_guinea_pen.jpg

6612_guinea_pen1.jpg

6612_guinea_pen6.jpg

6612_guinea_pen7.jpg

6612_guinea_pen2.jpg

6612_guinea_pen3.jpg

6612_guinea_pen5.jpg

6612_guinea_pen4.jpg

I'm setting up kennel panels for my run It's 12x24 I'm putting wire around bottom of panels and thinking about covering it with bird or deer netting I found on Amazon.com has anyone used their netting if so what do you think

I recently took my dog kennel duck pen down, btu I have to tell everybody about this great stuff! I have been buying plastic fencing that comes in a 36" x 50ft roll at Lowe's and Walmart for about $11. It's silver. It's super easy to zip-tie onto chainlink, welded wire, or even field fencing. I just moved all my ducks and geese to our old alpaca pen and used about 10 rolls of it over the field fence- but it looks NICE! As far as fencing goes anyway.

Back
Top Bottom