Dog Kennel Coops

thecochincoop

Songster
11 Years
Oct 22, 2008
Georgetown, Ohio
My Coop
My Coop
Here are some pics of my coops, not that pretty but they do the job. Let me know what ya think. I had someone ask me about them so I thought some pics might help some people out especially if you can come across a kennel fairly cheap. I figure that if they are supposed to keep dogs in then they should also keep them out
wink.png

17469_coop_005.jpg

17469_coop_004.jpg

17469_coop_003.jpg

Thanks I had them in a pretty and a lot bigger pen before, but critters kept digging at it so I had to move them before I lost any. It was 15' by 30' and had a small pond for the ducks.

You can kind of see it in this picture
17469_ducks3.jpg

It was pretty but not exactly safe
hmm.png

We have fox , coyote,neighbor dogs, raccoons, possums, multiple nesting pairs of Redtailed Hawks, Great Horned Owls, and many many little feathered friends we are very found of.
We have everyone in a dog kennel. There has never been a chicken loss, the fox/coyote hunt together and have taken out a peafowl and most ducks b/c they run them and they either break their necks or bite them if they stick their heads out. If I was to have ducklings or chicks in there I would put wire over the chain link. All things considered the kennels have really worked well for us since extended free ranging isnt an option.

Well the ducks loved the pond but since I had to take down that pen they are stuck with the chickens now
sad.png
I forgot to mention that I do have chicken wire around the bottoms of the kennel for the babies otherwise they would just walk through. I also have the old pen's fence laying under the bottom of the kennel so that critters can't dig and gravel on top of that. I'm glad you don't think it looks too bad I was used to looking at it before and it looks a little shabby now without the pond and flowers.
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom