American serama thread!

Quote:
Yay!!! I can't wait to see photos too! I have been meaning to write you to tell you about the babies I hatched from you
big_smile.png
Life just gets in the way too much!

Quote:
hit.gif
Yes, both well but both boys!!!
lau.gif
I sold one with a trio to a nice family and I'll be rehoming the other on in the spring. He has green legs and I'm afraid I won't be able to breed that out
sad.png
Excited about your silkied! Looking forward to eggs from them someday!

Quote:
I want to say a huge THANK YOU to her also! I got the most darlingl little Silkied boy from her today.
I just love him
love.gif

This guy loves being handled and talked to, how can 1 bird be soooo sweet???
97028_img.jpg

this place is dead without the socal crew... LOL... everyone is all tired from the GSSC serama show today... i just got home... after falling asleep three times on the freeway, i'm ready for bed...

You all are a barrel full of Fun!
lol.png
I can hardly keep up with all the posts when I miss a single day of reading. Froggiesheins, You are are an inspiration!, lol I am already thinking of how I might copy a few of your ideas for younr "Condo's" They are adorable. They are just right for Serama's too. Serama's bing such pets, they deserve it. Actually, it's us who get the most out of cute set ups like yours. It's such a pleasure to care for them when you can make it fun that way.

There are some super sweet Serama's in this group from pets to Prince and Princess's
wink.png
I am finally back to setting some eggs and everything is set up finally in the garage so that I can have 2 brooders going and a couple of the cages with lights on for the older chicks that still need a little more warmth. I still have some rearranging to do to make it neat and tidy and organized then I'll take some photo's to share. I moved my last trio into the garage tonight. They were actually doing fine out side still but all it takes is one freezing cold night and a bulb that blows so I didn't want to take the chance. It's been below 30 a few nights recently. I've learned the hard way that they are hardy to a point and lesson 2 is that you can't trust even a new bulb 100%. The few lights I have on in the garage seems to keep the whole place cozy, not warm but not cold. The stacking cages are not the ultimate set up but they are working very nice and will be easy to maintain this winter as I plan for spring.

It's so hard to wait for even 6 months to see how these guys are going to mature. I have sold and donated (kids/FFA/4H) some this summer and fall and I just have a handful that I picked for myself. I will cull as they mature more but I'm certain some very good ones have gone out of here before they were old enough to fully evaluate. My way of looking at it is simple, if I sold or donated a super nice Serama then I have made more friends and helped new owners to fall for these guys. I can't imagine a better thing to happen. I just can't keep all of them so that's just the way it will happen. I do hope I've kept some that will benefit me too though.

Here's a pullet that has the sweetest personality and she quite the little show off. She's under 3 months so she may mature a lot better. She's squatted down and her tail isn't up as it usually is but there wasn't a lot of room on the desk where I set her on a square of felt for a photo or two. She has her mamma's fine sized chest. My blacks have a lot of chest.

01Nov2011100-1.jpg

Here is a photo I just took tonight of my rooster, T-Roo, who carries the chocolate gene.

01Nov2011T-Roo1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom