<3 Silkie x mille fleur d'uccle mixes..

bantiehen

Songster
8 Years
Nov 22, 2011
Montana
Their mom is my red brown partridge silkie hen Chocolate Chip and their dad was my Mille Fleur D'uccle rooster..
smile.png
two are the same and the one is all blondish brown.
112332_picture_917.jpg
[/img] oatmeal cookie
112332_picture_940.jpg
[/img] sugar cookie
112332_picture_943.jpg
[/img] snicker doodle.

Trying to keep an all cookie names lol since mom is named Chocolate Chip lol it hasn't been so easy

thank you..
smile.png
yep I didn't even know their mom was laying she was a sneaky sneaky girl lol.. Until Oatmeal was pipping I saw this little black beak and I was like wait a minute that's not a pure d'uccle that's a silkie chick.
smile.png
all of them have the five toes
smile.png
which is cool . They are so tiny
smile.png
their mom isn't very big either. I have some more from Chocolate chip in the incubator developing. I've seen a few pictures of D'uccle x silkie mixes and they are very cool should be interesting to see if they have the smooth feathers like a silkie or if it will show up in the next generation.. but they are cute. I think feathersite has some pictures of the mix ...

Very cute babies
love.gif
This was my pair, they were only about 6 months old in this picture. I hatched 2 of their eggs and they were both the sweetest chickens I have had. I don't have anymore silkie roo's, so I can't get anymore of her babies.

39406_img00076-20091123-1638.jpg

This was their first offspring, Tulie. He was the sweetest boy. I had to rehome him because he never stopped crowing. I found out later he was killed by a preditor.
39406_imag01391.jpg

The black one is Tulie Rose. She was hatched this summer and was the full sister to Tulie. She was killed by a hawk a month ago at 4 months old.
39406_number_2_at_10_weeks.jpg

super cute! I love my silkie X d'uccle crosses. they are too neat. I have 1 in the brooder with my pure silkies and 2 other little d'uccle mixes.
smile.png

Silkie X d'uccle should all be smooth feathered, but if bred back to a silkie or to each other they will produce silkie feathered kids
smile.png

Just hatched 3 chicks from a Mille Fleur D'Uccle daddy and silkie mamas. I have 2 silkies and one hatched all 3. I would love to see more pics of grown ups of this mix. My babiies are all very light colored, 2 almost white and 1 is more tan.. my silkies are tan and gray, both sort of splashed.

Back
Top Bottom