Chicken Anatomy

eggcetra_farms

Songster
12 Years
Jun 26, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Forgive me if anyone has posted something similar before, but after reading a couple different posts I thought this might be helpful.

Pictures of a chicken's anatomy

Interior view:
chicken_anatomy.jpg

Exterior view (not that great a picture, hopefully you can tell what it says):
exterior_chicken_anatomy.gif

If anyone has any other useful items, post them. I just thought this is good basic info. I'll look for any other helpful pictures.

Ok, the second picture came out smaller than what it showed in the preview, so if you'd like to see a larger version please visit http://www.blackforestpoultry.com/howto.html and go about 1/3 down the page. There are also other pictures that may be of use on the site.

Last edited:
Very informative thank you.

I've been reading a lot about different comb types but I don't know what they all look like. Is there a thread or site somewhere that has examples of them all?

Karen

injury/cure i put oyster shell flakes in my chicken feedf thismorning tonight i noticed swelling of upper right brest on one hen on closer inspection i noticed all my chickens had varying degrees of swelling same area.the swelling apperes to be an abundence of injested matter traped in o pocket eminating from behind the upper right brest,the"croop"orgizzard i suspect is cloged by the oyster shell.my bad.i am uncertain of the anatomical location of a chickens organs so im uncertain as to exactly what is cloged.but whatever the anatomy is called it is definately protruding out from behind their {plural}brests on the reght side.is this possible?i need to know what to do sincerly bradlee

Back
Top Bottom