~•~The Story of Ichabod-From Ichabod's Perspective~•~

Quote:
alright, I'm working on the next chapter now, and no, I was never intending on publishing my story, it is just for fun
smile.png

pop.gif

Waiting for your next chapter and no, your story is not the same as that other one I WAS following but am not anymore. I hope the inmature rantings of some do not make it hard to follow your story as they did for me on the other story thread.
What a sad beginning you have for them, comming out of a hatchery like that. I hope they have many sunny days ahead.
Write On Darlin'!
ya.gif

Last edited:
thank you for your encouragement
smile.png
here's the next chapter:

Chapter 3

I woke up underneath a mountain of fur; I shook myself up and saw that clucky had rolled over on top of me.
“Oops” she giggled “sorry”
“That’s alrig-” I stopped short, the door swung open and three little girls walked in, they lifted the top of the box we were sitting in and crooned at us for a second, all eight of us terrified chicks ran to a corner of the brooder, then I remembered what I had heard about treats. I took couple of steps forward, and finding that nothing happened, I walked right up to the edge of the box, Suzan was not too far behind me.
“Hi Betty” one of the humans crooned, Betty? I wasn’t Betty I was Ichabod, Oh well, what difference did it make to me whether they thought I was a girl or a boy? The oldest girl reached into the plastic container she was holding and pulled out, Oh joy of joys, a bright red wiggling worm! She tossed it into the brooder and all of the chicks in the corner leaped for it, but I got it first! I ran from the other chicks who were chasing me for my treat, after about 3 minutes Mrs. B grabbed one end of my worm and tugged, I pulled as hard as I could but she got it, I went and sat in a corner of the box feeling mopey, I sat there for a moment until I was surprised to see the human reach into her plastic container again and throw us another worm, I was faster this time and snatched the worm up and zoomed over to my corner, but right before I ate it, Terry ran up and swallowed it whole. For a third time the girl reached into her container and pulled out a worm, but this time she kept the worm in her hand and lowered her hand into the brooder with the delicious looking worm wriggling around on it, everyone backed away, I saw my opportunity, I walked straight up to the hand and snatched the worm out of it, I pecked at it a couple of times than swallowed it, ah, it was delicious. There were more worms after that, but I was content, I only ran after one more and I gave it to Ida. I heard the humans talking again.
“Do you think we should take them outside?” asked the tall one
“No, I think they’re still too young” said the middle one
“You’re probably right, but maybe we could bring them some grass clippings though and see if they like it” said the tall girl. She glanced back at us as she walked out the door with her little sisters trailing along behind her. I hadn’t paid much attention to what they had said but two words had stuck in my mind, outside and grass what were they like? I remembered hearing the other chicks at the feed store talking about it at the feed store; I wished I had listened better.

KEEP WRITING!!!! I am going to try to read every chapter! I will follow everyones stories:)

Now... MORE MORE MORE!!
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif

And you are right Paradise! This isn't the same as ChickLover98's story. Anyways, Idy is only doing this story for fun. I would love to read two stories that are a little bit alike if ChickLover98 keeps writing!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom