~•~The Story of Ichabod-From Ichabod's Perspective~•~

Thanks everyone
smile.png
I’m working on the next chapter now

I would like to add that the first person to do the chicken story was mrs.chickend.

This story is not really like hers she starts out in a incubator and this starts in a hatchery/feed store

Last edited:
Chapter 4

I wandered around the brooder restlessly, I longed for adventure, nothing had happened for days and I was getting bored. Clucky walked up to me
“Hi Ichabod” she said, she sounded as bored as I was
“Hello” I didn’t even attempt to hide the restless edge in my voice
“What’s been going on in this half of the brooder?”
“Guess” I said sarcastically
“You don’t have to be so snippy, I was just being friendly” she turned to walk away
“I’m sorry clucky, It’s just that all of my energy is getting bottled up inside me and coming out in the wrong way”
“That’s all right, me too” she walked away. The door opened and the tallest human girl walked over to the brooder, we huddled up close to her, eagerly awaiting our treats.
“Not now girls” she said “I have a special surprise for you” last weeks words replayed in my mind “should we take them outside?” I was exited, the girl reached into the box and picked up terry, and walked out of the room with her, we all started cheeping at the top of out lungs, the human took each chick out of the brooder and carried us out of the garage one at a time. I was the only one left. The human came back and scooped me up, she carried me out into a bright open place with green stuff covering the ground in one place and brown stuff covering the ground in another. I flapped my wings and tried to fly, but I didn’t stay up for very long and came tumbling down again
“Look I can fly!” I cheeped as I leaped into the air, flapping my wings as hard as I could.
“Me too!” cried Lucy
“and me!” squealed Merrywheather, I looked around and saw all my friends hopping and flapping their wings as hard as they could, we where all squealing and enjoying ourselves. I looked over at the green stuff covering the ground on the other side of the yard, I walked over to it and gingerly placed a foot on it, It felt nice and it tasted good too!
“Terry, Mrs. B, Ida, Suzan, Lucy, Clucky, Merrywheather! Come and look at this!” they all rushed over and cheeped with delight, we played for hours, I thought this must be heaven! Then the human came and one by one, we were brought back to our brooder. I fell asleep with a light heart, hoping that we could go outside again sometime soon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom