ғrιzzle ιт υp conтeѕт! endѕ ιn aυgυѕт!

Quote:
Although I entered in this, I would vote for these to. They are just adorable and they look like they enjoyed their photoshoot.

Thanks... they do love attention. They are very personable and friendly. They are my babies...
love.gif

1. вιrd'ѕ naмe (ιғ applιcaвle) Molly
2. вιrd'ѕ вreed White Cochin frizzle bantam
3. ιѕ ιт ғrιzzled or ѕιzzled? Frizzled
4. мale or ғeмale? Female
5. caтegory Cutest, prettiest and best female
4. вyc υѕernaмe SebrightLuver
5. pιcтυre

018-2.jpg

Well..... I have a very retarded question...... but are these a type of breed, or just a style of the bird? because I see all of these birds catagorized under either frizzled or sizzled, but they have breeds, like everones is a silkie or a polish or a serama..... I am new to these type of birds. I have a baby chick who is the offspring of a dad polish and a mom silkie, and on its right wing, at the bas of it, about 4 large feathers are in this perfectly neat littl swirl. they aren't straight, but swirled. it looks like a little decal, I love it
big_smile.png
But the parents don't have any sort of feathers like that.
idunno.gif

Frizzled birds are birds who are normally straight-feathered but have a gene that makes their feathers curl out instead of laying down smooth. Sizzles are a cross between a silkie and a frizzle of a different breed, usually a bantam cochin. Sizzles also have feathers that curl but they have silkie characteristics (5 toes, black skin, etc). Then there are frizzled silkies (which I haven't seen on this thread) that are pure-bred silkies with frizzled feathers. I believe those have both silkied and frizzled feathers.

ETA: Frizzle is a feather type, sizzle is a mixed silkie.

Last edited:
Quote:
It might be that one of your parent birds is genetically a frizzle, but has modifying genes that mask the frizzle gene. From what I have read you can have birds that are frizzles, but the modifier gene covers it. Then when you breed them, you can get frizzle babies if they do not inherit the modifier gene. Maybe your baby is a frizzle with the modifier gene, and only has a few feathers that show frizzling.

Quote:
Although I entered in this, I would vote for these to. They are just adorable and they look like they enjoyed their photoshoot.

Thanks... they do love attention. They are very personable and friendly. They are my babies...
love.gif

I love your cockerel
smile.png
Your female is a lot like my Marilyn (on page one), the picture of her as a baby is a lot like your Elizabeth's picture. I have a 5 day old baby frizzle serama I'll have to post pictures of, she's all down, but then her wings are all curly. Well we are hoping she is a "she" and not a "he"
smile.png

Quote:
love.gif

I love your cockerel
smile.png
Your female is a lot like my Marilyn (on page one), the picture of her as a baby is a lot like your Elizabeth's picture. I have a 5 day old baby frizzle serama I'll have to post pictures of, she's all down, but then her wings are all curly. Well we are hoping she is a "she" and not a "he"
smile.png

Thanks... I just love my little Prince William. I had them out last night and he was all proud of himself, posing and posturing.

Your Marilyn is adorble. Hopefully your baby is a hen...

I love all my girls, but I must admit, I am very taken with my Seramas... and I love the frizzle. Now if Elizabeth and Prince William get together and make babies... I wonder what they will look like. From what I understand, there really isn't a rhyme or reason when it comes to color in Seramas.

Diana

Back
Top Bottom