ғrιzzle ιт υp conтeѕт! endѕ ιn aυgυѕт!

Quote:
I love your cockerel
smile.png
Your female is a lot like my Marilyn (on page one), the picture of her as a baby is a lot like your Elizabeth's picture. I have a 5 day old baby frizzle serama I'll have to post pictures of, she's all down, but then her wings are all curly. Well we are hoping she is a "she" and not a "he"
smile.png

Thanks... I just love my little Prince William. I had them out last night and he was all proud of himself, posing and posturing.

Your Marilyn is adorble. Hopefully your baby is a hen...

I love all my girls, but I must admit, I am very taken with my Seramas... and I love the frizzle. Now if Elizabeth and Prince William get together and make babies... I wonder what they will look like. From what I understand, there really isn't a rhyme or reason when it comes to color in Seramas.

Diana

They can be any color. I can't wait to see what colors my chicks end up being
smile.png
If you breed Elizabeth and Prince William together, you might end up with some birds that are not feathered well. Frizzle x Frizzle would produce 25% curly (double dose of frizzle), 50% frizzle and 25 % non frizzle. The curly ones can have brittle feathers. My Marilyn might be a curly or a frizzle since both of her parents were frizzles. It's usually recommended to breed Frizzle to non frizzle. Then you get 50% non frizzle and 50% frizzle babies, but no curly babies. Here's a great post on the genetics by Sonoran Silkies. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2871647

Name: Chick Norris
Sex: male
Type: LF Frizzled Cochin (blue)
Entering: best male
BYC username: howfunkyisurchicken
Picture:
86165_2011-08-07_14-07-16_25.jpg

86165_2011-08-07_12-19-47_743.jpg

Name: Kickin' Chicken
Sex: male
Type: LF Frizzled Cochin (buff)
Entering: best male
BYC username: howfunkyisurchicken
Picture:
86165_3o03p83l95q05t05r1b7s3caa0a69a4da1c1a.jpg

Last edited:
This contest will end tomorrow. We will start judging and hopefully get winners up soon! Oh, and for the prize, I am going to edit the winner's pics
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom