“Ameracauna” Rooster? Help!

Cwalls

Hatching
May 21, 2020
I got this pretty little thing from TSC almost 8 weeks ago. Labeled Ameracauna even though I’ve read that the truth of that is a long shot.

the comb and the tail feathers are starting to show signs of a rooster but the neck feathers look like my other EE hens so I just want to be sure before we find it a new home because we can’t take anymore rooster drama this year:p

Thanks in advance!
B5407D8A-C986-4A1B-A828-EF8F1D2ECBB6.jpeg
E664EEFE-FF0A-4726-9E11-E712A0C2FB79.jpeg

The splotchy red feathers on shoulder scream cockerel too. I can usually identify easter egger males by around 5-6 weeks of age or so by their splotchy colors, weeks earlier than when their small pea combs start to grow/redden, and their hackle & saddle feathers grow. Their shoulders as well as feathers elsewhere on their body start getting splotchy (red, white,etc), while a pullets feather color and pattern remain much more even and uniform.

The splotchy red feathers on shoulder scream cockerel too. I can usually identify easter egger males by around 5-6 weeks of age or so by their splotchy colors, weeks earlier than when their small pea combs start to grow/redden, and their hackle & saddle feathers grow. Their shoulders as well as feathers elsewhere on their body start getting splotchy (red, white,etc), while a pullets feather color and pattern remain much more even and uniform.

I've got an EE boy that's white with black barring. He never developed any red splashes. This is a month old picture, but even still he hasn't developed any red. Just this barring. I don't recall what his saddle feathers are like.

IMG_20200821_161127.jpg

This is true, but not always. I have a pullet with red splotches.

Back
Top Bottom