🙄🤚Do More!😩🤚 Less is More® Kiki Winz!
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop
Do you have any clear pictures of any type of poultry worm stored away?
If so I need pictures so please post them here.

These are tapeworm strands excreted in feces after using Zimecterin Gold back in November of 2011.
001.JPG

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    314.2 KB · Views: 5
We have just seen some long red worms in the poop of 2-3 of our many chickens. What kind of worm is this? What should they be treated with?

I will look for more today but with them in coops it will be hard to find it again. The ones we saw actually poop them out were out free ranging and had came up by the house and were on cement so every thing was very visible.

Usually the only worms ever seen in droppings are either tapeworm or roundworm. Tapeworm pictured above, that's when they are expelled in whole or large parts, the proglottids look like rice, and may be moving if fresh. Roundworm also pictured above, looks like cooked spaghetti. Neither are usually red. It may have been intestinal shed, can't really say without seeing it. Intestinal shed is sometimes mistaken for worms, I've attached a link below to a thread with an image of a dropping with a lot of intestinal shed. That can sometimes be a sign of internal parasites, due to the irritation of the intestines, but isn't worms itself. It can also have other causes, dietary changes, illness, anything that upsets or irritates the digestive tract.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/chicken-poop-worms-or-injury.1141812/

Back
Top Bottom