☆☆☆Fresher Starts. Moving More☆☆☆

City or no city, you can process quail over your kitchen sink. I don't do quail (yet), but one thing I've learned; smaller is easier. People say they're delicious. IMO quail would be the perfect entry-level meat processing experience. I started out (poultry-wise) with a couple dozen huge Cornish Cross. 🤣 Man was I in pain by the time I finished that job, four days later. Chickens are now an easy project but if I had it to do over, I think it would have been better to have learned on quail.

I used to process wild rabbits over the kitchen sink. They were already dead of course, but it wouldn't be difficult to manage that in the garage or even the kitchen sink. Have you watched the Living Traditions Homestead people on YouTube?They started out secretly raising quail and rabbits in the burbs. It can be done. It's a wonderful thing to have your freezers full of meat you've raised yourself.
Never heard of them. @Nabiki has a good video on here and Polyface Farms has some good ones too. I just need to get over the hurdle of doing the first one. I put out a call on Ohio’s thread but no one answered. There are quite a few people living within an hour of me that have quail and rabbits. Maybe they misread my question and thought I wanted them to do instead of mentoring me. Who knows 🤷‍♀️.

City or no city, you can process quail over your kitchen sink. I don't do quail (yet), but one thing I've learned; smaller is easier. People say they're delicious. IMO quail would be the perfect entry-level meat processing experience. I started out (poultry-wise) with a couple dozen huge Cornish Cross. 🤣 Man was I in pain by the time I finished that job, four days later. Chickens are now an easy project but if I had it to do over, I think it would have been better to have learned on quail.

I used to process wild rabbits over the kitchen sink. They were already dead of course, but it wouldn't be difficult to manage that in the garage or even the kitchen sink. Have you watched the Living Traditions Homestead people on YouTube?They started out secretly raising quail and rabbits in the burbs. It can be done. It's a wonderful thing to have your freezers full of meat you've raised yourself.
hold...I'm looking for the right pic.
Here is my faker one:
Screenshot_20201023-210017_REFACE.jpg

Never heard of them. @Nabiki has a good video on here and Polyface Farms has some good ones too. I just need to get over the hurdle of doing the first one. I put out a call on Ohio’s thread but no one answered. There are quite a few people living within an hour of me that have quail and rabbits. Maybe they misread my question and thought I wanted them to do instead of mentoring me. Who knows 🤷‍♀️.
I can rip apart a quail in a matter of seconds. Ok maybe one minute. I just can't kill one yet but butchering/processing one is a one minute non problem for me.

There's a woman around here who advertises that she teaches how to process/kill chickens. She charges $80/hour.

Back
Top Bottom