☆☆☆Fresher Starts. Moving More☆☆☆

Um, so you vivisect them? Probably not, im sure, i just dont know any other way to butcher without killing. Unless i just totally misread your comment. Does somebody else kill them for you?

Article. Video. Im just glad i remembered who and where from. :gig

I’m always talking Bout documentaries i saw or articles i read, but never remember which ones.
Her hubby kills the quail; she does the butchering. Honestly you don't even need to do a bleeding out step. You just cut off the head with a scissors. Some people twist/pull it off just as fast. The quail doesn't have an opportunity to panic nor more than a half-second's pain. Kiki doesn't like the fluttering—the muscles spasming. I mean, who would? But it's just a postmortem muscular shut-down process. Having no head, the bird cannot feel it.

Shame on you Saffy that you don't recognize the lungs.
Sorry! It was tiny and I'm rusty at anatomical identification!
run-circles.gif

Her hubby kills the quail; she does the butchering. Honestly you don't even need to do a bleeding out step. You just cut off the head with a scissors. Some people twist/pull it off just as fast. The quail doesn't have an opportunity to panic nor more than a half-second's pain. Kiki doesn't like the fluttering—the muscles spasming. I mean, who would? But it's just a postmortem muscular shut-down process. Having no head, the bird cannot feel it.
My mini Mexican offs them.

If big Mex kills them then he insists on processing them too. I prefer to process them because I do it faster and right.😁

@Overo Mare have you popped the cork on this??? How is it?
It's worth the price tag. It's my new favorite. It's not sweet. Has a bit of a bite to it but finishes smooth. Not too dry, not too smoky. Has a hint of spice, but not like you think when you hear "spice". Not like Makers Mark. Not a warm spice. More of a... cool, subtle, barely there spice. If that makes sense. By the time you detect it, it's gone.

Back
Top Bottom