➡➡ Kiki Speak

CindyinSD

All will be well, and that will be well is well.
Premium Feather Member
Aug 3, 2018
Black Hills, South Dakota, USA
I have often looked down, and wonder “just what kind of special do you have to be to step out of this nice airplane”..,

The only answer I could ever come up with is “they ain’t all there”.
For recreation, I'll grant you, but how crazy are you to get on a shore boat headed to land in Pearl Harbor... so there is that. I still think I'd do it—recreationally or otherwise. I would already have done if it for the kix if it weren't so expensive, when there are plenty of other fun things to do. I'm a lot more breakable now though, so maybe not.

hysop

Hammy Cute as a Button
Premium Feather Member
Sep 16, 2019
SW Georgia
Wow, I'm reading all these temperature readings and I'm over here dying inside my house when it's at 71 degrees. Had to turn the heater on to bump it up to 72 at least.

I need to get my winter clothes out so I can spend some time outside and enjoy our cold weather since Georgia seems to just have one season which is summer. The other seasons are short.

R2elk

Magical, perfect creature
Premium Feather Member
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop
Wow, I'm reading all these temperature readings and I'm over here dying inside my house when it's at 71 degrees. Had to turn the heater on to bump it up to 72 at least.

I need to get my winter clothes out so I can spend some time outside and enjoy our cold weather since Georgia seems to just have one season which is summer. The other seasons are short.
It is a comfortable 64°F back here. I turned off the pellet stove in the living room because it was all the way up to 72°F.

CindyinSD

All will be well, and that will be well is well.
Premium Feather Member
Aug 3, 2018
Black Hills, South Dakota, USA
Today's high was 40°F. The low was 10°F and it is currently 14°F.
I don't know what the temps were here yesterday but it was really nice. I was building raised beds in the greenhouse, both doors (incl the roll-up tractor door) wide open & it was perfect. I thought I was buying lumber for one more but I'm not sure now. DH thinks I should leave that space open but I'm concerned the lumber may disappear again once the election gets settled. 🤷‍♀️ I waited a long time to pay 2.5 X normal price. I dunno.

I have a lotta molasses tubs (for planters) to put somewhere so I guess I'll start drilling holes in those. I plan to fill in the bottoms with half rotted smallish branches. We have many. 🤣

RUNuts

Smiling. I'm up to something.
May 19, 2017
State of Confusion
I don't know what the temps were here yesterday but it was really nice. I was building raised beds in the greenhouse, both doors (incl the roll-up tractor door) wide open & it was perfect. I thought I was buying lumber for one more but I'm not sure now. DH thinks I should leave that space open but I'm concerned the lumber may disappear again once the election gets settled. 🤷‍♀️ I waited a long time to pay 2.5 X normal price. I dunno.

I have a lotta molasses tubs (for planters) to put somewhere so I guess I'll start drilling holes in those. I plan to fill in the bottoms with half rotted smallish branches. We have many. 🤣
The plastic tubs work well. I'm using 1/2 plastic drums and 45 gallon tree planters. The chickens love them to dust bath in. 😐 Had to ring them with wire. Just keep adding compost on top and plant away.

R2elk

Magical, perfect creature
Premium Feather Member
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop

I stuck a tray in the middle of my living room. I have radishes, lettuce, kohlrabi, cantaloupe, a watermelon and as of last night a Gold Nugget tomato plant in it. The trays in front of the windows have Northern Exposure tomato plants .

Top Bottom