➡➡ Kiki Speak

Wow, I'm reading all these temperature readings and I'm over here dying inside my house when it's at 71 degrees. Had to turn the heater on to bump it up to 72 at least.

I need to get my winter clothes out so I can spend some time outside and enjoy our cold weather since Georgia seems to just have one season which is summer. The other seasons are short.

Wow, I'm reading all these temperature readings and I'm over here dying inside my house when it's at 71 degrees. Had to turn the heater on to bump it up to 72 at least.

I need to get my winter clothes out so I can spend some time outside and enjoy our cold weather since Georgia seems to just have one season which is summer. The other seasons are short.
It is a comfortable 64°F back here. I turned off the pellet stove in the living room because it was all the way up to 72°F.

Today's high was 40°F. The low was 10°F and it is currently 14°F.
I don't know what the temps were here yesterday but it was really nice. I was building raised beds in the greenhouse, both doors (incl the roll-up tractor door) wide open & it was perfect. I thought I was buying lumber for one more but I'm not sure now. DH thinks I should leave that space open but I'm concerned the lumber may disappear again once the election gets settled. 🤷‍♀️ I waited a long time to pay 2.5 X normal price. I dunno.

I have a lotta molasses tubs (for planters) to put somewhere so I guess I'll start drilling holes in those. I plan to fill in the bottoms with half rotted smallish branches. We have many. 🤣

I don't know what the temps were here yesterday but it was really nice. I was building raised beds in the greenhouse, both doors (incl the roll-up tractor door) wide open & it was perfect. I thought I was buying lumber for one more but I'm not sure now. DH thinks I should leave that space open but I'm concerned the lumber may disappear again once the election gets settled. 🤷‍♀️ I waited a long time to pay 2.5 X normal price. I dunno.

I have a lotta molasses tubs (for planters) to put somewhere so I guess I'll start drilling holes in those. I plan to fill in the bottoms with half rotted smallish branches. We have many. 🤣
The plastic tubs work well. I'm using 1/2 plastic drums and 45 gallon tree planters. The chickens love them to dust bath in. 😐 Had to ring them with wire. Just keep adding compost on top and plant away.

I stuck a tray in the middle of my living room. I have radishes, lettuce, kohlrabi, cantaloupe, a watermelon and as of last night a Gold Nugget tomato plant in it. The trays in front of the windows have Northern Exposure tomato plants .

The plastic tubs work well. I'm using 1/2 plastic drums and 45 gallon tree planters. The chickens love them to dust bath in. 😐 Had to ring them with wire. Just keep adding compost on top and plant away.
I stuck a Viking potato in a 5 gallon bucket and kept adding potting soil to it. The soil is about 5" below the top of the bucket and the potato plant is at least a foot above the top of the bucket.

Back
Top Bottom