➡➡ Kiki Speak

I'm so excited! I need to go to the store. I need to pick up a sweet onion, some mustard seeds, some fresh dill, some more kosher salt (I have some but not a whole lot left) and some celery seeds. I have plenty of vinegar and some other seasonings. I found some pretty simple recipes for pickles. I am going for bread and butter pickles and garlicky dill pickles. :drool Will be good to try for a newbie like me. Then I can go from there. My hubby would probably like a spicy version like Elk's. Hmmm... a spicy AND sweet version. I bet that would be good. And can add some extra veggies in that one. So many ideas! I'm just going to start off easy at first though.

I'm so excited! I need to go to the store. I need to pick up a sweet onion, some mustard seeds, some fresh dill, some more kosher salt (I have some but not a whole lot left) and some celery seeds. I have plenty of vinegar and some other seasonings. I found some pretty simple recipes for pickles. I am going for bread and butter pickles and garlicky dill pickles. :drool Will be good to try for a newbie like me. Then I can go from there. My hubby would probably like a spicy version like Elk's. Hmmm... a spicy AND sweet version. I bet that would be good. And can add some extra veggies in that one. So many ideas! I'm just going to start off easy at first though.
When doing pickles, I use Morton's Canning and Pickling Salt. It is very fine grained and dissolves easily.

Hubby wants to go to the store as well so instead of making 2 trips, I’m waiting a little bit longer. In the meantime.... here are pics of the littles. Officially 2 weeks old today. I swear it feels like I had them longer than that lol.
Willow (maybe, haven’t decided)
48957F59-DD9D-4553-8335-E2111B8A16A0.jpeg

BAC10C09-C8C0-4223-99C6-2B0AE8D91E6C.jpeg
I
It looks like I am choking it but I’m not, I promise. Lol!
And Cam (again, maybe. Short for chamomile. Staying with a plant/flower theme)
28519784-E262-4F35-B4A7-B8D9EC58D292.jpeg

106CD103-A574-48BA-8183-AAFC2F5FCC81.jpeg

Boy in the making I think :barnie I’m still holding out hope for the other to be a girl:fl They sure are cuties!

Everybody is pickling at the moment! I couldn’t find mustard seeds nor dill. Can you use dried dill instead of fresh? I’ll check at a dif store tomorrow before I start anything. So no pickle making for me tonight. Booo!
You can use dried dill but I just go pull it out of the garden. Once you get it started, it turns into a weed.

After a couple of years of running out of mustard seed at the wrong time, I now keep it on hand by buying it when it isn't pickling season. The last time I ran out at the wrong time, I was fortunate because I did find it in stock at a different store.

Back
Top Bottom