➡ POULTRY FEED COMPARISION CHART (Feed brand NAMES needed)

What brand do you feed your flock?

• Purina

• Nutrena

• M-G

• Scratch and Peck

• Manna Pro

• Kalmbach

• Nature's Best

• DuMOR

• Producer's Pride

• Other - Please list the brand name in a comment below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We're currently using DuMor, but based on the comments so far, I'm thinking we should switch. Our birds are about 11 weeks old, but we have chickens and ducks, so I would need something goo d for both. Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

Nutrena All Flock
ETA we use this because we have various ages and one pullet who did not lay. And now there is a cockerel, I hope.
If we had a mixed flock (ducks, turkeys etc) this is what would be fed.
Oyster shell on the side, chick grit for the littles. The big girls free range.

I usually only feed Purina, but I went to TSC a couple of weeks ago and they were out of the feed I usually get for my chicks, so I have been feeding my youngest chickens Dumor :)
I feed my adults Layena crumbles by Purina, and I am feeding my chickens under 10 weeks DuMOR 20% starter/grower.

I've never liked dumor cause of the amount of powder in the bag. I've used that, Purina and nutrina and stayed with the nutrina country farms I think. It has the best smell, stays as a pellet hardly any dust and it's a generally smaller sized pellet which are easier for my younger games to eat. I don't have any layers and they go on pellets pretty quick

I hate to jump the gun here but I can't help but mention that so far my research is proving that most all flock feeds are very very very similar to that same brand's starter/grower feed.
Most brands are selling starter and grower as one feed and not two separate feeds.

I hate to jump the gun here but I can't help but mention that so far my research is proving that most all flock feeds are very very very similar to that same brand's starter/grower feed.
Most brands are selling starter and grower as one feed and not two separate feeds.

Very interesting. Part of my process of integrating the 5 week olds with the one year olds has been to open the grow out pen for a short time. The big girls can't wait to get in there and clean up spilled grower crumble. Same brand as their "All Flock" but they seem ravenous for it.
Back to label reading for me <G>. Thanks for pointing this out.

Nutrena All Flock
ETA we use this because we have various ages and one pullet who did not lay. And now there is a cockerel, I hope.
If we had a mixed flock (ducks, turkeys etc) this is what would be fed.
Oyster shell on the side, chick grit for the littles. The big girls free range.
Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 6.13.36 PM.png

Here is a glimpse at what I am working on.
I just happen to have your specific feed brand almost done.

I am wondering if you will be getting into all the sub categories of the different brands.

IE Nutrena has feather fixer, regular layer pellets and several more.
Yep.
I am going to get as many as I can find online.
I prefer to be gathering this information directly from the makers website, but will take info from current feed bags.

So far I have 15 different Nutrena feeds on my list.
This may take me longer than a few days but I will get it done asap.

Back
Top Bottom