➡ POULTRY FEED COMPARISION CHART (Feed brand NAMES needed)

What brand do you feed your flock?

• Purina

• Nutrena

• M-G

• Scratch and Peck

• Manna Pro

• Kalmbach

• Nature's Best

• DuMOR

• Producer's Pride

• Other - Please list the brand name in a comment below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lol I must be weird but the only time my chickens get branded food is as chicks for the starter feed. I get 100 pounds of layer feed from a local feed mill for $20. 100 pounds of Purina feed costs about $35 at TSC. Along with being cheaper I just like supporting our local farmers. Maybe feed mills aren't as common in some places?

Lol I must be weird but the only time my chickens get branded food is as chicks for the starter feed. I get 100 pounds of layer feed from a local feed mill for $20. 100 pounds of Purina feed costs about $35 at TSC. Along with being cheaper I just like supporting our local farmers. Maybe feed mills aren't as common in some places?
Mine just get what the local feed store has. 50lb bags for like 11 or 12 dollars.

While there used to be lots of local mills that made all sorts of feed. The last one around here that I know of quit because they didn't sell enough to use up the additives before they went bad. With the ground legumes and grains, they still need to supplement the amino acids, vitamins, minerals and fats that a complete chicken feed needs to contain. Does your local mill assay their feed and can provide you with accurate percentages of essential amino acids, ppm and iu per pound of those nutrients?

Back
Top Bottom