➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Picked up a 6 pack of peeps a little over a week ago. They are very busy removing all hints of greenery from the chick run

It was. They sent me a new brain for it. They did not ship motivation with that.
I've only been inviting you to challenges for about a year or so... I figure one day you'll accept.

20210324_113010.jpg

This is a first for me. One of the hens has "adopted" the chicks. They were in the brooding coop next door to the hen run as usual and she went red in the comb but did not resume laying. She was talking to them a lot. When I let them out to meet in person, she immediately started tidbitting and looking after them. She's also crowing. Color her confused. But hey, zero stress merge so that's a win!

This local hatchery has some off the beaten path EEs. Look at the one they picked out for me this time... light blue and gold?! The colors seem, IDK, backwards somehow. Have you ever seen one like this?
View attachment 2589478View attachment 2589479
That is very odd but also gorgeous. Almost looks like red leakage but it's laced, that's so weird. Please update with pictures when it grows up!

Super pretty bird!
Thanks! Just haven't seen anything like this one before so no clue where it's going next. I am aware baby feathers are only a hint toward adulthood so I'm not holding my breath this is how she looks when grown. I did manage to find images online of a white EE hen with yellow edges to her feathers. If I end up with a blue/red version of that, I will be THRILLED.

Thanks! Just haven't seen anything like this one before so no clue where it's going next. I am aware baby feathers are only a hint toward adulthood so I'm not holding my breath this is how she looks when grown. I did manage to find images online of a white EE hen with yellow edges to her feathers. If I end up with a blue/red version of that, I will be THRILLED.
I think she’ll be really pretty!!!!

I had an EE leghorn mix that was white with faint gold lacing on her feathers as a half grown chick. She feathered out to be completely white though. Sorry, no adult pics of her.
AE816A26-CA38-42BC-B2B7-B59845DC5303.jpeg
2CDED2D9-9603-472F-882F-35A45554337E.jpeg
B96066C5-8902-44F2-9813-6725442CF11A.jpeg
D48691E6-C0A2-4BF2-8376-0D29016CAABE.jpeg

Hi everyone!

DH and I spent about 3 hours yesterday afternoon getting Thing 1’s bed frame dismantled and moved the bunk bed we set up in our room for Thing 2 into Thing 1’s room. This is now the Boys’ room. Both of the older boys are asleep in the other room. It only took them 30-45 min for them both to fall asleep after I tucked them in. It’s nice not to have to worry about the Milk Drinker waking Thing 2 if he starts crying. There were a couple nights I had to take the Milk Drinker out to the living room to calm him down to keep him from waking Thing 2. I’m currently awake trying to get the Milk Drinker settler back to sleep. This is a photo of what I see in the baby monitor. I love having a video monitor.
View attachment 2603270
Oh, and here is this picture I took for Facebook. My aunt (dad’s sister) has sent a quilt for each of the boys. I had a photo of Thing 2 and Thing 1 on Thing 2’s quilt, so I got a photo of all 3 of them on the Milk Drinker’s quilt.
View attachment 2603280
@Kiki
@Kiki, did you miss this?

Back
Top Bottom