➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

D08BB911-6934-49EB-AE9C-3DA522B73D4B.jpeg

Being around them but not owning one myself it seems like they need a yard and a dog house (den) they can go to to get away from people when they want. Dont get me wrong they love their masters but need their space as in being an inside dog wouldn't be best for them.
Red's personality was more Lab than Catahoula....especially after he grew older and after his coyote encounter and spent time in a doggie wheel chair. He could also fall asleep anywhere.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Anyone know if polish are smaller than a standard chicken? I have one but I can't really compare because she's a wild thing 😂

I wanted to maybe get more polish... I still have to wait and see what comes out of these new eggs.
My experience with Polish is from years ago... they were smaller than my Delaware and the Rhode Islands.

Red's personality was more Lab than Catahoula....especially after he grew older and after his coyote encounter and spent time in a doggie wheel chair. He could also fall asleep anywhere.
View attachment 2006509View attachment 2006511

My experience with Polish is from years ago... they were smaller than my Delaware and the Rhode Islands.
I have one, but she's too quick for me to size her up with the others. She also will scratch me like crazy if I try to grab her.

:lau OMG!

Mine all roost.

One of my adults has been sleeping in the box lately though but last night she didn’t finally so :confused:
My hens, pullets, rooster & cockerels use the roosts but the young'ns get pecked off the roosts by the adults so I'm guessing that's why they go to the laying boxes.

My hens, pullets, rooster & cockerels use the roosts but the young'ns get pecked off the roosts by the adults so I'm guessing that's why they go to the laying boxes.
Adults can be so cruel to the youngins... One of my youngins can stand up for itself now, but I think it's a cockerel.

Aww I’m sure they’ll go up there eventually! Mine used to sleep on the ground or in a corner away from the others, against the wall, etc. but eventually started roosting. Though A couple just flew right up right away and held their own! Lol

Aww I’m sure they’ll go up there eventually! Mine used to sleep on the ground or in a corner away from the others, against the wall, etc. but eventually started roosting. Though A couple just flew right up right away and held their own! Lol
Yeah I know they will, but until then I've got piles of
1579481881695.png
in all the laying boxes that are inside the coop.

Back
Top Bottom