➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

We didn't 🤦🏼‍♀️ My husband actually started working on the coop before I even woke up on Saturday, so he basically made his own poop board (metal sheet) in the lengthened our roost.

I'm thinking about making natural ones for outdoors though. I'll see what we can come up with.

Let me know how yours go.
I suspect humans (like me) are more fascinated with natural roosts than poultry are.

I suspect humans (like me) are more fascinated with natural roosts than poultry are.
It is highly recommended that the bark be removed before using branches and such for roosts. The logic behind this is that leaving the bark on provides natural hiding places for mites and such.

Well! I became a great great aunt this evening...meet tiny Olive Joan. Daddy got to come home for the delivery. He is in the military. Friday the doctor said only mom could go into the hospital but today he let dad come in too.
View attachment 2069007
The doctor said no visitors until she is 6 weeks old. It is safer for the baby under these circumstances.
😭😭How precious!
Congratulations aunt granny.

We didn't 🤦🏼‍♀️ My husband actually started working on the coop before I even woke up on Saturday, so he basically made his own poop board (metal sheet) in the lengthened our roost.

I'm thinking about making natural ones for outdoors though. I'll see what we can come up with.

Let me know how yours go.
The reply above eminded me.
I'll be glad to show you the result of hours and hours or manual labor. I didnt think I was gonna actually finish it today. But luckily I was able to cut a few corners but you can't even tell.

What you think?

20200331_162650.jpg

Well! I became a great great aunt this evening...meet tiny Olive Joan. Daddy got to come home for the delivery. He is in the military. Friday the doctor said only mom could go into the hospital but today he let dad come in too.
View attachment 2069007
The doctor said no visitors until she is 6 weeks old. It is safer for the baby under these circumstances.
Congrats. So glad Dad got to see her. He is doing so much for all of us, he deserved to fly under the radar for this. Thanks Dad for all you do, she is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom