⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

These only read down to -40⁰.
20221222_062234-jpg.3355934

View attachment 3355929
That's harsh. Glad to see you've warmed up from this.
We warmed up a bit here too. :wee

Yep, it was over 50°F yesterday and is already 36°F this morning.

The really cold was only here for about 60 hours.
It finally warmed up here too and everything started to melt…..not supposed to go below freezing for next 10ish days :wootbut the trade-off is also 10 straight days of rain in the forecast 🤦‍♀️

It finally warmed up here too and everything started to melt…..not supposed to go below freezing for next 10ish days :wootbut the trade-off is also 10 straight days of rain in the forecast 🤦‍♀️
Rain beats snow.
Freezing rain is worse than snow.

On the coldest day of the year, White Face, who has not been broody at all this year and who went broody 5 times in 2021, went broody.

I was hoping she was just keeping her toes warm, but no. We are clucking out to the feed pan. Staying on the nest all day. Impersonating a pancake and keeping the golf balls warm and not letting the other girls use the favored nest.

I have 23.5 eggs in the incubator. After the last freeze, I'm concerned about viability of these. The 0.5 is a cracked one that I said I'd try in the incubator then I saw how bad the crack is. Nail polish won't help this one.

The 7 pullets are deluging me with eggs. The person who I got the fertile eggs from, wants 2 hens since their Miracle hen was snatched by a predator. I'm happy. Haven't heard from the other person who wanted laying hens 6 months ago. :lau

Back
Top Bottom