⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

62 lbs.
20210918_131508.jpg
20210918_131606.jpg

We put electric poultry netting around the butternut squash, but the vines spread out so far that some of them went through the fence and yes, the chickens helped themselves. 🙂
I prune the pumpkin vines or they would have taken over the whole garden. Before I started pruning them, I got fewer pumpkins but more vine growth.

The source. As I recall, Buckwheat honey is dark. I might be wrong about this but I believe that Russian Olive honey is also dark.

On the other hand, truth in advertising claims is a very fragile, often crossed line.

One way to get honey to caramelize is too heat it above 160°F. Of course once you heat it above that temperature it is no longer honey because the sugars convert to other types of sugars.

While melting and reclaiming bee's wax, I produced a product that both tasted and looked like molasses.
Tupelo is also dark and caramel-y tasting, but buckwheat is the bomb :drool
If you heat it like that does it keep it from crystalizing?

Tupelo is also dark and caramel-y tasting, but buckwheat is the bomb :drool
If you heat it like that does it keep it from crystalizing?
When I have crystallized honey. I put the container in a pot of water at 120°F. It will slowly convert it all back to honey. You have to make sure that every little crystal has become liquid. Doing it this way keeps it liquid for the longest time period for me. If the temperature where it is stored gets cool enough (pretty much anywhere in my house), it will crystallize again.

My brother who lives in AZ can keep his honey from crystallizing indefinitely.

Back
Top Bottom