⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

Certain fish have certain flavors. Some people like them, some don't. Try it.

I found carp to be muddy tasting and very boney. Lots of small bones in the meat that can be cut out but you lose meat. We did remove the mud line. Taste can be hidden and covered, but I'm sensitive and really don't care for fish flavors in general. Smoked Mackerel is great to me, but some don't like greasy fish. Salmon is very strong flavored here and I don't care for it. We don't get the fresh option. By fresh, I mean less than 24 hours from water to table.

Gou fish has a strong flavor and mushy meat, don't care for it. Gar is also mushy, but gar balls are supposed to be great. Too much effort. Some catfish are nasty. The attraction of some fish is the sport, not the eating. But I'll eat almost anything when I get hungry. How picky are you?

I'll eat almost anything when I get hungry.
How about green stuff?
20220706_084552-jpg.3175845

I found carp to be muddy tasting and very boney. Lots of small bones in the meat that can be cut out but you lose meat. We did remove the mud line. Taste can be hidden and covered, but I'm sensitive and really don't care for fish flavors in general. Smoked Mackerel is great to me, but some don't like greasy fish. Salmon is very strong flavored here and I don't care for it. We don't get the fresh option. By fresh, I mean less than 24 hours from water to table.

Gou fish has a strong flavor and mushy meat, don't care for it. Gar is also mushy, but gar balls are supposed to be great. Too much effort. Some catfish are nasty. The attraction of some fish is the sport, not the eating. But I'll eat almost anything when I get hungry. How picky are you?
Pickled sucker is really good. The acid pretty much turns the bones soft.

Initially in Michigan, the fish I came to enjoy were Salmon, swordfish & tuna from the store.

Winter brought a fresh twist: bluegill, perch, sunfish. Spring brought large mouth bass.

Years go by as crabs, lobster, shrimp & scallops joint the table. Once in So-Cal I learn of flounder, and several other fish. Sushi, sashimi and squid. All quite tasty. Join the Navy, end up in Florida and finally experience catfish & a few others.

Still not a fan of anchovies but, I like how they accent stuff like Gumbo. Many other fish I really like yet, right now can’t recall their names without a menu or a fishmonger handy.

Back
Top Bottom