⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

20240416_103202.jpg

Dang. The dog ordinances up here are strict. I'm amazed that people still let their dogs run loose! (underlining for emphasis done by me)

Edit: I was just looking up animal control to report a pair of dogs running loose on my property and found this.

• Licensing - Any dog six (6) months or with permanent canine teeth which has been in your possession within Klamath County for 30 days must be licensed (Ordinance (ORS) 609.100).
  • It is unlawful for dogs to run at large in Klamath County. Any Peace Officer or Animal Control Officer may impound a dog that is found running at large.
  • No dog owner or keeper of a dog shall permit a dog to chase, kill, wound, or injure livestock not belonging to the owner or keeper of such dog. The owner or keeper of a dog that has injured or killed livestock is responsible for the amount up to double the amount of damages. Any dog, whether licensed or not, which, while off premises owned or under the control of its owner, kills, wounds or injures any livestock not belonging to the master of such a dog is a public nuisance and may be killed immediately by any person (ORS 609.150).
  • A dog is considered a public nuisance per ORS 609.095 if it:
    • Bites a person
    • Chases vehicles or people
    • Damages or destroys the property of others
    • Scatters garbage
    • Trespasses on private property
    • Disturbs any person by frequent or prolonged noise
    • Is a female in heat and is running at large

Back
Top Bottom