🎄Christmas🎄 Hatch-Along

:hitAnyone hatched poopy eggs!??
Chickaletta always keeps a sparkly clean nest but today everything was covered in poop!! Maybe her old age is making her not able to keep her usual standard of cleanliness? I had a few words with her! :rant
3 of them I threw out, they were too yucky, but they were just yolkers anyway so that was ok. I cleaned the nest and left the rest of the eggs because she was getting upset wanting to go back in the nest so I didn't have a chance to candle the rest, they were still a bit poopy but not as bad as the 3 I threw out. Hopefully they'll still hatch ok. Next time I catch her off the nest I'll check them again.
Puff and her 3 x 7week olds snuggle in the nest beside Chickaletta so I'll have to block her off before sunset so she's not getting squashed.

Of the 7 eggs, I have 2 out, 3 pips, and still waiting on the other 2 to do something, day 20..
Here are the 2 out...
bilf.PNG

Hiya! I have some SLW crosses that are going to go into lockdown this weekend. It's my first hatch! Pic below is a SLW X White Leghorn.
How exciting! We're going into broody lock-down here in Bell's backyard. I moved Ginny's food and water into the coup for her this morning and you could feel the excitement in the air!!
:fl
I hope it all goes well for you too. When is hatch day? Day 21 is Tuesday for us.

How exciting! We're going into broody lock-down here in Bell's backyard. I moved Ginny's food and water into the coup for her this morning and you could feel the excitement in the air!!
:fl
I hope it all goes well for you too. When is hatch day? Day 21 is Tuesday for us.
Here too! Set in the evening so maybe a few hours later than you. I did my last candling this evening and will take out the turner tomorrow morning. I’ll be gone during the day so I’m planning to adjust the humidity after I finish at the barn tomorrow night… I have 16 eggs going into lockdown out of an initial 21.

Here too! Set in the evening so maybe a few hours later than you. I did my last candling this evening and will take out the turner tomorrow morning. I’ll be gone during the day so I’m planning to adjust the humidity after I finish at the barn tomorrow night… I have 16 eggs going into lockdown out of an initial 21.
Ha! I feel so small scale! Our hens are pets, so this hatching lark is not something that we'll repeat for a while (unless this hatch is completely unsuccessful!).

Back
Top Bottom