📚 BYC Library 📚

This time of year, I'm so busy with critters that I ONLY read books without a plot -- as in books about raising chickens, growing gardens, attracting butterflies, creating storage solutions, things I can pick up and put down without having to try to remember what was happening the last time I had a few minutes to read.

"Our Native Bees" by Paige Embry is my current endeavor. It looks at how the health of pollinators affects human health as she visits fields and farms with experts to see what's killing bees and what can be done to save them.

During the winter, I read (and re-read) Rosamunde Pilcher books and have started on the Ransom Riggs ones.

Have you read or seen The Princess Bride? One of the only times I've enjoyed the movie over the book. But the book is wonderful too!
I love the book and movie for different reasons. The tones are very different in each case, but both are wonderful in their own right. I prefer the book, but I never read something twice if I can help it, I retain more when reading and find repeats to be monotonous. I’ve seen the movie about a million times, and I think the true genius was in the casting.

I haven’t read this whole thread, but I recommend just about all of the books by Roald Dahl, and I apologize if someone has recommended them already. After you read all of his body of works, read about his life, it’s even more crazy than his stories.

Back
Top Bottom