🔥☣️🏒The Sin Bin🏒☣️🔥

Hi everyone! You exciting start to the morning. Woke to the sound of crows, peafowl, and my call duck going nuts and figured it was a hawk or two. Then when I saw a bunch of chickens and ducks running across the yard I knew it was something else. Sure enough, it was a damn fox! A determined one too, 'cause even though I was chasing it, it still grabbed a rooster!

As I rounded the corner by the peafowl I heard the sound of a chicken in distress, but didn't see the fox. I kept walking the way I thought the fox had gone and I was right, there in front of me was a trail of feathers leading into the weeds. I followed it and several yards in I saw the body. My first thought was "oh good, it's not a hen", second thought was on darn, I liked him, third thought was "wow, he's alive".

Wow, he's alive? That's amazing! We had an exciting start to the day for a completely different but equally (or more) troubling reason - we were alerted to a car in our driveway at 4:30 am - we were up, just enjoying our first cup of coffee, our driveway is 1000 feet of gravel, and no one comes down it unless they mean to; stopped in the middle of the driveway, saw that we saw and DH was headed out the door, and they took off throwing gravel all the way out. We don't have anything to steal except our vehicles and the gas in them, so we figure that was what they were after. After 14 years here, we figure we're going to have to start locking our vehicles, and get the driveway gate operational again so it can be closed at night. Super bummed about that. It's been 3.5 hours and DH is still fretting about it.

As I rounded the corner by the peafowl I heard the sound of a chicken in distress, but didn't see the fox. I kept walking the way I thought the fox had gone and I was right, there in front of me was a trail of feathers leading into the weeds. I followed it and several yards in I saw the body. My first thought was "oh good, it's not a hen", second thought was on darn, I liked him, third thought was "wow, he's alive".
I hope he makes it!

Wow, he's alive? That's amazing! We had an exciting start to the day for a completely different but equally (or more) troubling reason - we were alerted to a car in our driveway at 4:30 am - we were up, just enjoying our first cup of coffee, our driveway is 1000 feet of gravel, and no one comes down it unless they mean to; stopped in the middle of the driveway, saw that we saw and DH was headed out the door, and they took off throwing gravel all the way out. We don't have anything to steal except our vehicles and the gas in them, so we figure that was what they were after. After 14 years here, we figure we're going to have to start locking our vehicles, and get the driveway gate operational again so it can be closed at night. Super bummed about that. It's been 3.5 hours and DH is still fretting about it.
Living in the City, we keep things locked up all the time!

Back
Top Bottom