🔥☣️🏒The Sin Bin🏒☣️🔥

Being hounds where brought up not long ago. I'm considering bringing home this Catahoula girl. I'll be meeting a trainer tonight then taking a couple of days to think about it. In general though I'm already excited about her.
Screenshot_20200211-032122_MeWe.jpg
Screenshot_20200211-032147_MeWe.jpg

Being hounds where brought up not long ago. I'm considering bringing home this Catahoula girl. I'll be meeting a trainer tonight then taking a couple of days to think about it. In general though I'm already excited about her.
View attachment 2024726View attachment 2024727
Catahoulas are very head strong dogs and require very diligent handling. My son had three males he used to help him work cows. They used to constantly fight amongst themselves and I just couldn’t stand that.

Even though I am now the caretaker of the last one left, at a very mellow 12 years old, I would never have been able to control him in his younger years. These dogs needed true manhandling and when around my son did not take a step out of line, but never did a thing I said. He was extremely rough on them and I am not that kind of care taker. Never let her get the upper hand on you.

And, as always, there are exceptions to every rule. Hopefully your little girl will be a perfect joy.

Attachments

• 1AD8A083-FB65-44CD-BD17-9FAD3A77615B.jpeg
    1AD8A083-FB65-44CD-BD17-9FAD3A77615B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Oh no no, this was not my actual experience, just a story I found. Plus, I never would have fallen for such nonsense. I would have called it right off. No fooling this old gal. ;)
Will it's a darn tootin gooden'! :D

Catahoulas are very head strong dogs and require very diligent handling. My son had three males he used to help him work cows. They used to constantly fight amongst themselves and I just couldn’t stand that.

Even though I am now the caretaker of the last one left, at a very mellow 12 years old, I would never have been able to control him in his younger years. These dogs needed true manhandling and when around my son did not take a step out of line, but never did a thing I said. He was extremely rough on them and I am not that kind of care taker. Never let her get the upper hand on you.

And, as always, there are exceptions to every rule. Hopefully your little girl will be a perfect joy.
He's a hansom old fella.

I expect it to be a lot of work. She does have some basic training including crate training. The guy said she was a handful which I did expect. It seems like the main reason he's rehoming her is he doesn't have the time to invest in her daily.

There's a couple of concerns to address and that's why I'm going to see the trainer tonight. The trainer is a friend of a friend and works with a lot of strong willed dogs. My friend, has been working with Rottweilers for 13 years and has agreed to help me with training outside of the classes.

In general I'm a stay at home dad, so I do have the time to work her daily. I just need to make sure she's going to fit in to our lifestyle before deciding. Fortunately the owner is not in a rush and very open to meet n greets and so on. He's got a YouTube channel so I was able to spy on him before contacting him. I've gotta say, l like him so far.

Will it's a darn tootin gooden'! :D

He's a hansom old fella.

I expect it to be a lot of work. She does have some basic training including crate training. The guy said she was a handful which I did expect. It seems like the main reason he's rehoming her is he doesn't have the time to invest in her daily.

There's a couple of concerns to address and that's why I'm going to see the trainer tonight. The trainer is a friend of a friend and works with a lot of strong willed dogs. My friend, has been working with Rottweilers for 13 years and has agreed to help me with training outside of the classes.

In general I'm a stay at home dad, so I do have the time to work her daily. I just need to make sure she's going to fit in to our lifestyle before deciding. Fortunately the owner is not in a rush and very open to meet n greets and so on. He's got a YouTube channel so I was able to spy on him before contacting him. I've gotta say, l like him so far.
That sounds like a good deal then. I will have to say one thing. One of my son's catahoulas was so loyal he would have given his life to protect him, and did several times. When working they have no quit in them.

I am worried about your dogs and cats/s Trim. Turkeys ducks chicks and chickens
She can have the turkeys and cats! Saves me the trouble. :oops:

In all seriousness, it'd be a long time till she would be trusted off a leash. I'm not saying she couldn't drag me but, she'd have to if she wanted to cause trouble.

We're going to do a meet n greet with the dogs before I commit to anything.

Back
Top Bottom