🔥Extra! Extra! WE ARE ABOUT IT✅

Are you in it to win it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by 'do something, anything every single day'? Like, do what?
Workout! Change your diet! Make new and better habits. Do just a little more every single day. Abstain from chips, soda, and chocolate every day. Just a little at a time.

Oh Come On The Office GIF

If you guys are serious about the weighing yourself thing, do it right. In the morning, after you've gone to the bathroom, be naked. Before your shower and before breakfast. Make sure your scale is in the same spot every time. Even moving it a few inches can matter, trust me. Weighing yourself during the day or at night gives inaccurate results. The water you drank and the food you ate will make you weigh more. Do it right, do it often. A lot of people will weigh themselves every day, then take a 7 day average. During the month matters to us ladies too. We do bloat certain times, take it as it is and keep doing the extra

If you guys are serious about the weighing yourself thing, do it right. In the morning, after you've gone to the bathroom, be naked. Before your shower and before breakfast. Make sure your scale is in the same spot every time. Even moving it a few inches can matter, trust me. Weighing yourself during the day or at night gives inaccurate results. The water you drank and the food you ate will make you weigh more. Do it right, do it often. A lot of people will weigh themselves every day, then take a 7 day average. During the month matters to us ladies too. We do bloat certain times, take it as it is and keep doing the extra
And y'all call me bossy.

It took a long time for my mom to figure out what she could and couldn't eat and how often she needed to eat.
She is one of those that truly does get sick if she does not eat on a regular basis.
And she's a skinny diabetic, has more trouble keeping weight on then keeping it off.
One of the biggest things for her but it's learning she had to balance her carbohydrates with protein. She was never a big meat, egg, cheese or nut eater.
So that was hard for her.
Diabetes runs in my family. My sister and I both deal with diabetes. Sister struggles to keep her weight above 110 and I struggled to keep mine below 150.
Her doctor sent her to a dietician and diabetes classes. Worked with her with different medications until they got the right fit.
My doctor met with me one time…introduced himself to me and introduced me to the PRN who met with me every three months. She looked over my meal charts, checked my A1c and reminded me to “watch what you eat”. She was not open to discussing diet, new strategies, etc. Only changes to meds were increasing the insulin.

I chose to talk with my GP about my frustrations. He made some med changes and he will treat my diabetes from now on. I’ve met with a dietician, have discussed numerous topics and research. I’ve lost 15 pounds and am much more healthy. I am retaking control of the blood sugars and A1c is going down!
Also...
Being nice does not make a good doctor. I would rather see Dr. House and have my feelings hurt to know that I'm getting the best assessment possible in a straightforward and honest way..
Than to have a dr. pat me on the head and send me on my way not having a clear understanding of what I should really be doing.
hugh laurie house GIF
Many doctors medicate diabetes as a disease instead of educating to control diabetes as a condition. It is a huge money maker for pharmaceutical companies.
For example: My Tresiba insulin for 3 months costs $1,798.99 (90 days at 50 units a day Or $20 a shot)...weekly = $140.
I’m now down to 22 units of insulin a day so that same prescription covers 204 days at $8.80 per injection. But my second medicine Bydureon BCise runs $2,674.99 for 12 weekly shots at $222.92 per week. Total per week now is $284.52.

Pre-diabetics can be brought under control with diet changes and exercise.
Early diabetes can be better controlled with diet changes and exercise.
The body can correct the insulin production with proper diet and exercise.

It is much better to start in those early stages to get your diabetes (blood sugar) under control…be aggressive...demand information…learn to eat healthy and stay active.

I‘ll step off my soapbox now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom