🔥Extra! Extra! WE ARE ABOUT IT✅

Are you in it to win it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting extra in too… biked yesterday and running 6 miles today. Learned how to sous vide chicken and pork tenderloin yesterday.

Bought several tenderloins because they were on sale and finally broke out my vacuum sealer. That machine is AWESOME!!! Cut the loins into medallions and seasoned/marinated them, then put them into smaller packages. I can’t eat a whole tenderloin by myself…

Trying to make little changes

I get frostbite on rooster combs every winter. The first sign I notice is the darkened tips. Interesting thing is that while I have roosters get frostbite, none of my leghorn hens have gotten frostbite even though in some cases their combs are bigger than the rooster combs.
Same thing with my roo and his little girls with big floppy combs. His turns purple when it gets cold, theirs remain bright red. I think he's just so big that the blood is elsewhere, the girls are so small and don't deal with circulation issues like he does.

Same thing with my roo and his little girls with big floppy combs. His turns purple when it gets cold, theirs remain bright red. I think he's just so big that the blood is elsewhere, the girls are so small and don't deal with circulation issues like he does.
I suspect that my leghorn hens stick their heads in their feathers at night like the turkeys and guineas do. The roosters sleep with their heads uncovered.

They all want to free range inside the house. 😃
shhh.gif
They already know how to open the door.
They were all in the kitchen when I woke up the other morning.
denkend_smilie_0004.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom