šŸ”„Extra! Extra! WE ARE ABOUT ITāœ…

Are you in it to win it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my permit, but with all things it comes with great responsibility. I personally do not know anyone who doesnā€™t respect the gravity of owning and carrying a weapon. Wellā€¦unless you read the paper and see all the tweakers that think theyā€™re gang bangers.
Power and responsibility MUST be commensurate. If you have great power -- and carrying a gun is great power -- you also have a great responsibility.
Yeah, we hit the range a lot too. But that's us, not everyone. In my concealed carry class, there was a woman who showed up and didn't even bring a gun! No one could understand how she planned on doing the shooting part. THAT is the type of person that should not carry, she jumped at every shot in the range. Ohio is an open carry state but not many people know that. And the minute your shirt or anything covers any part of your gun, it's considered concealed. So, I got the permit and carry wherever I can
I've taken/assisted many classes with Massad Ayoob, who is a world renown expert in the use of lethal force for both cops and civilians. Unlike the usual CCW class that is 8 hours long, his is 40 hours. You have to pass a written exam (not open book/notes; you gotta know the stuff) and the gun qualification is similar to what cops have to pass.

Your dogs are blessed with many chewies. Where do you get buffalo horn?

The clearish waxy look will likely darken, dry up and eventually fall off. It looks like typical frost bite. Rooster combs tend to not show it as quickly because they are usually thicker.
Yes heā€™s very spoiled šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ™ˆ although I try to buy sale stuff or just good deals like the hooves I got in a big huge bag for like $10 and I havenā€™t needed to buy a second bag so šŸ˜ keeps him from chomping on me lmfao although heā€™s mostly grown out of the chomping now but when he was little and teething I kept chewies and/or toys in every room basically so I could redirect him šŸ¤£ plus it still helps to calm him down too even now when heā€™s being a bit crazy šŸ˜‚

The Buffalo horn was actually a hand me down so to speak from his ā€œbrotherā€ (our last dog) that he found šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ BUT! That said, Iā€™m pretty sure I got it at Walmart. IDK if they still have it but if not I think they have it other places too.

Itā€™s his favorite tbh and it is extremely durable and has held up very well which is saying something because his jaws are EXTREMELY strong. The hooves are super durable too. And he likes bully sticks but I donā€™t really buy those as much anymore because theyā€™re pretty expensive. Although we have a local place that sells them very cheap. But still.

Power and responsibility MUST be commensurate. If you have great power -- and carrying a gun is great power -- you also have a great responsibility.

I've taken/assisted many classes with Massad Ayoob, who is a world renown expert in the use of lethal force for both cops and civilians. Unlike the usual CCW class that is 8 hours long, his is 40 hours. You have to pass a written exam (not open book/notes; you gotta know the stuff) and the gun qualification is similar to what cops have to pass.
This guy? The classes all look so cool!

https://massadayoobgroup.com/

https://massadayoobgroup.com/classes/

Yes heā€™s very spoiled šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ™ˆ although I try to buy sale stuff or just good deals like the hooves I got in a big huge bag for like $10 and I havenā€™t needed to buy a second bag so šŸ˜ keeps him from chomping on me lmfao although heā€™s mostly grown out of the chomping now but when he was little and teething I kept chewies and/or toys in every room basically so I could redirect him šŸ¤£ plus it still helps to calm him down too even now when heā€™s being a bit crazy šŸ˜‚

The Buffalo horn was actually a hand me down so to speak from his ā€œbrotherā€ (our last dog) that he found šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ BUT! That said, Iā€™m pretty sure I got it at Walmart. IDK if they still have it but if not I think they have it other places too.

Itā€™s his favorite tbh and it is extremely durable and has held up very well which is saying something because his jaws are EXTREMELY strong. The hooves are super durable too. And he likes bully sticks but I donā€™t really buy those as much anymore because theyā€™re pretty expensive. Although we have a local place that sells them very cheap. But still.
My weimaraner, Thor, has an incredibly strong jaw too. We give him bones and antlers to chew also. He has actually broken the femur bones we've given him! The elk antler has lasted a while so far, since the summer. We actually bought it at a flea market

It is a great responsibility to carry. Every time I put my gun on, I think to myself, Am I willing to use it today, if needed? If the answer is no, or I'm in a pissed off mood, I don't carry it

okay I have a real chicken questionā€¦I know this isnā€™t the thread for it but you all can likely answer it in a snap. One of my leghorns appears to have a problem with her combā€¦

She is being pecked by the others for sure with the appearance of scabbing, but the tips of her comb have been changing color and this morning it is much worse. I applied vetrycin and anti-biotic cream yesterday and that seems to have made it worse. Her feathers directly under her comb on her head also are worn away. Iā€™m not sure if that is due to pecking or irritation.

I absolutely love these little girls and this is breaking my heart.

Any suggestions?

View attachment 2954272View attachment 2954273
Honestly it looks like fowl pox to me. It starts off with yellowish crusty spots that darken, but don't fully turn black like frost bite. It could just be scabbing from pecking, but keep an eye on the rest of your birds for spots. I don't know if it's a seasonal virus or not, but it can be slow spread and will affect laying for most birds. It's like a cold, they don't feel great but it passes after a couple weeks.

This guy? The classes all look so cool!
Yes, that guy. Shameless plug:

He is hands down the best lecturer I have ever heard. He knows you're taking notes, so he spells important names/terms, repeats critical info, and allows time to actually write. He has a great speaking voice, and is an excellent public speaker.

His classes are worth every single penny, and they are NOT cheap. You absolutely get what you pay for. He's getting up there in years, and I don't know how much longer he'll be taking his show on the road, so to speak. He travels to different places to teach, but live in Florida. If you have the chance to take a class, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Honestly it looks like fowl pox to me. It starts off with yellowish crusty spots that darken, but don't fully turn black like frost bite. It could just be scabbing from pecking, but keep an eye on the rest of your birds for spots. I don't know if it's a seasonal virus or not, but it can be slow spread and will affect laying for most birds. It's like a cold, they don't feel great but it passes after a couple weeks.
Fowl pox usually comes from mosquitoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom