🔥Extra! Extra! WE ARE ABOUT IT✅

Are you in it to win it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well dang. In all honesty, this is probably in their better interest. I can only imagine they went to a place with nicer temps. Our nutty weather can be hard on the livestock.
  • It was -35 C (-42 F real feel) the same morning of this discussion.
  • It warmed up to 0 C the next morning.
  • Then dropped to the minus 20s the next day.
  • It's currently -2 C. Like, what the heck. :th
I would've tried my best to convince them to let me hug them. All they have to do is give me their eye. If they do that, they'll be huggable. :wee

If your other ones suddenly disappear, it wasn't me. View attachment 2969576
Turkeys handle cold weather very well. It was in their best interest to relocate because their heads were soon to be on the chopping block if they stayed here.

My oldest tom is huggable if you can catch him. He doesn't like it but will tolerate it.

Interesting.
A lot of times when I try to do those YouTube exercises with the hand weights and stuff they move way too fast for me. 🤣
And I always wondered if the speed really made a difference.
I'm getting my cardio in other ways by treadmilling and hula hooping anyway.
He has a different perspective. I appreciate and respect that he thinks outside the box. He developed the X3 bar in light of his mother, who had osteoporosis. He challenges the idea that aerobics and conventional muscle training are not beneficial. He backs up his stance with corroborating evidence and he walks the walk on what he's saying. I've found it interesting to listen and learn. The fasting/time-restricted eating I do is from what I've learned from him.

He posted a study on mice; two control groups fed the same amount of food. The one group was fed only once per day, the second was fed throughout the day. The group allowed to eat throughout the day gained weight because their insulin levels were kept at an elevated level from the multiple feedings. One of the jobs of insulin is to store food as body fat. The mice gained weight because their insulin was kept at a higher point throughout the day instead of being elevated just once from the one feeding. With type 2 diabetes, I need to keep my insulin down so this study spoke to me. According to my blood sugar testing, I can confirm that this is true for me. Everything taught to me on how to control and eat was false, bordering on negligence. Eating smaller amounts multiple times per day is not correct for me.

Last edited:
Turkeys handle cold weather very well. It was in their best interest to relocate because their heads were soon to be on the chopping block if they stayed here.

My oldest tom is huggable if you can catch him. He doesn't like it but will tolerate it.
Oh my...definitely in their best interest then! That's good to know about they're hardy in the cold weather. It's been decades since I had turkeys. But even as a kid all of our turkeys were for eating so they never made it to winter. I fear that no turkeys will be eaten here now and I'm almost afraid to get some because I know what's going to happen.
5329714.gif

Oh my...definitely in their best interest then! That's good to know about they're hardy in the cold weather. It's been decades since I had turkeys. But even as a kid all of our turkeys were for eating so they never made it to winter. I fear that no turkeys will be eaten here now and I'm almost afraid to get some because I know what's going to happen. View attachment 2969618
This dummy does stairs...INSIDE the house.
Hims morning exercise. Show the DD.
PXL_20220123_150556263.jpg

Oh I feel old too cause I’m so dang grey 😂🤣😭🤚
I read about insulin resistance as a possible cause for grey hair about 12 years ago. I was doing some research the other day and perused a few of these. Not to scare you...just want to bring it to your attention. I got my first white hair at 18. My son had his first at 21 and is experiencing much of the same issues I've gone through. ;)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29799603/

https://www.medicaljournals.se/acta/content/html/10.2340/00015555-2974#:~:text=The association of hair greying,greying and metabolic risk factors.

I read about insulin resistance as a possible cause for grey hair about 12 years ago. I was doing some research the other day and perused a few of these. Not to scare you...just want to bring it to your attention. I got my first white hair at 18. My son had his first at 21 and is experiencing much of the same issues I've gone through. ;)

https://www.medicaljournals.se/acta/content/html/10.2340/00015555-2974#:~:text=The association of hair greying,greying and metabolic risk factors.
The white hair is caused by excess hydrogen peroxide production which bleaches the color out of the hair. There is a pill for something else that as a side effect causes the excess hydrogen peroxide production to stop allowing the hair to return to it's natural color.

White hair at an early age was thought to correspond with osteoporosis.

My maternal grandmother had a full head of white hair by the time she was 30. She did not develop type 2 diabetes until late in life.

Oh wow that’s really interesting! I got my first one in high school though I’m not sure exactly when hahah I feel like it may have been as early as sophomore year but in reality I think it was probably closer to junior or senior but yeah hahah

I remember at first I was pulling every single one out till I had one teacher that said one day (just coincidentally, I never told her) that she used to but that it causes bald spots so then I stopped :lau but then I still did occasionally for years. I haven’t pulled any in a while now. I’m not totally grey but do have a lot 🤣

It’s actually kinda weird because the top layer of my hair is pretty grey now but when I lift it up, it’s still dark brown underneath so idk.

I do think stress has played a major factor as well though because it’s always been pretty stressful here to say the least 😂🙈 BUT! The weird thing is my younger brother is not grey like at all and my older brother is very grey like me. And we all lived the same stuff so who knows ? Maybe is partly genetic too? I think my mom greyed pretty early but not 100% sure.

The white hair is caused by excess hydrogen peroxide production which bleaches the color out of the hair. There is a pill for something else that as a side effect causes the excess hydrogen peroxide production to stop allowing the hair to return to it's natural color.

White hair at an early age was thought to correspond with osteoporosis.

My maternal grandmother had a full head of white hair by the time she was 30. She did not develop type 2 diabetes until late in life.
Wait our bodies produce hydrogen peroxide!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom