🔥Extra! Extra! WE ARE ABOUT IT✅

Are you in it to win it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You say coyote hunting? In our area hunting with hounds in the daytime is in full swing mode if at all possible. Southern Michigan here. I don't own any hounds, but there seem to be plenty.
I lived in southern Ontario, so probably similar conditions. The group I hunted with used to use hounds years ago, but it takes a ton of work and dedication to run hounds, and some days you chase dogs more than you chase coyotes. For the last number of years we've "dogged" the woodlots ourselves. It's harder, slower, and less successful, but very rewarding when things go right. So far the guys are having a tough year without me. I was the second youngest, (😂) and probably the most fit of the bunch, so I did a lot of dogging.

I lived in southern Ontario, so probably similar conditions. The group I hunted with used to use hounds years ago, but it takes a ton of work and dedication to run hounds, and some days you chase dogs more than you chase coyotes. For the last number of years we've "dogged" the woodlots ourselves. It's harder, slower, and less successful, but very rewarding when things go right. So far the guys are having a tough year without me. I was the second youngest, (😂) and probably the most fit of the bunch, so I did a lot of dogging.
Here they would run them with hounds or greyhounds and turn a kill dog loose at the end. The kill dog would be a Mastiff or a Wolf Hound.

Here they would run them with hounds or greyhounds and turn a kill dog loose at the end. The kill dog would be a Mastiff or a Wolf Hound.
I've seen kinda similar videos where they'll chase them overland some in trucks that have dogs in cages in the back, at some point they turn the dogs loose to kill the coyotes. I'm not sure what I think about that.

Real truck. Not baby truck.
B9CBBF6A-D404-4C20-BD4C-0EC35018A780.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom