🙋🏼‍♀️ Howdy from NC!

1697021048034.png

👋 Hey! I am joining in hopes of learning more about my chicken and guinea babies. Although not new to chickens in general, this year we have and raised 18 babies from our own flock. I'm curious to know if I have sexed them correctly as they're only 3 months old and I'm curious to know how my adults mixed to make some of these colorings. Very interested in chicken genetics and since I'm guessing at most of my adult breeds, the mixes of the pairings have been a crapshoot. Anywho looking forward to learning! Thanks!
Welcome to BYC!! :frow

👋 Hey! I am joining in hopes of learning more about my chicken and guinea babies. Although not new to chickens in general, this year we have and raised 18 babies from our own flock. I'm curious to know if I have sexed them correctly as they're only 3 months old and I'm curious to know how my adults mixed to make some of these colorings. Very interested in chicken genetics and since I'm guessing at most of my adult breeds, the mixes of the pairings have been a crapshoot. Anywho looking forward to learning! Thanks!
Howdy back atcha, neighbor!

Eastern NC here :celebrate

Welcome. Are you looking for feedback on what we think re: sexing?
I would love that eventually, I have to get better pictures of the 18 offspring before posting. From my guesstimate I think I had an exact 50/50 hatch which I thought interesting. My current guesses are out of 6 whites (3m/3f), 8 reds (4m/4f) and 4 black ( 2m/2f). I'm not sure how accurate wing feather/tail feathers growth sexing techniques are but some of their current behaviors seems to be matching up. They're all mixed though and I don't have breed knowledge on some of the parents so I know feathering rates are different. I'm looking forward to getting some info though. 😁

Back
Top Bottom