šŸšØ we have a sick chicken šŸšØ šŸ“

katie_3487

Chirping
Jun 13, 2022
So kinda woke up to the worst news ever. One of our chickens looks sick. Sheā€™s about 10 weeks old. She didnā€™t come out this morning and was not eating or drinking. She also had really watery stool. Her head was sunken in. My mom picked her up and examined her, she didnā€™t have a goofball sized anything, and her crop felt ā€œnormalā€. After my mom was done examining her, she came out, and ateā€¦.slowly but some. And she didnā€™t drink. I donā€™t know what to do, does anyone know what this is?? Weā€™ve never, ever had a sick chicken so I have no idea what Iā€™m doing.

Last edited:
I would dip her beak into water with electrolytes or with sugar. Gatorade works too. She might have coccidiosis, and that is treated with Corid in the water. Get it at a feedstore. Dosage is 10 ml (2 teaspoonsful) of the liquid Corid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder in each gallon of water for 5-7 days. You can also mix it in a small amount of feed to moisten it. Dehydration can also cause this, but Corid is very safe to use.

Symptoms of coccidiosis are sleepiness/lethargy, appearing hunched or puffed up, runny poops with mucus or sometimes blood, and not eating.

I would dip her beak into water with electrolytes or with sugar. Gatorade works too. She might have coccidiosis, and that is treated with Corid in the water. Get it at a feedstore. Dosage is 10 ml (2 teaspoonsful) of the liquid Corid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder in each gallon of water for 5-7 days. You can also mix it in a small amount of feed to moisten it.
We did get Corid and put it in her water. She then starting eating for the first time today. Sheā€™s definitely on the mend.

Back
Top Bottom