(🚨EMERGENCY) - Will Eggs Handle Time?

_Featherian

Chirping
Mar 5, 2024
Hello
I bought 6 Ayam Cemani eggs and the seller gave me 10, which is amazing and very nice of him. But I don't have enough space in my incubator for all of them at once. Will it be okay if I put half the eggs in the incubator and the rest of them once they hatch (in 24 days), or would that be too much waiting time? They will go bad, no? Please give me advice!

Hello
I bought 6 Ayam Cemani eggs and the seller gave me 10, which is amazing and very nice of him. But I don't have enough space in my incubator for all of them at once. Will it be okay if I put half the eggs in the incubator and the rest of them once they hatch (in 24 days), or would that be too much waiting time? They will go bad, no? Please give me advice!
Sadly I don’t think they will be viable after 24 days. Do you have a friend with an incubator who could hatch the extra?

Hello
Egg storage conditions and techniques described in following link..

https://www.hubbardbreeders.com/media/incubation_guideen__053407700_1525_26062017.pdf

I would suggest reaching out to your friend, just in case.

And I’d also recommend candling the eggs you have in your incubator-
You might end up finding that you have more “space” than expected :/

But also.
What do you have that is already started?
How far along are they?
Do you have a second incubator for hatching?

I would suggest reaching out to your friend, just in case.

And I’d also recommend candling the eggs you have in your incubator-
You might end up finding that you have more “space” than expected :/

But also.
What do you have that is already started?
How far along are they?
Do you have a second incubator for hatching?
Right now I have added the eggs in the incubator. I have 4 eggs I can’t find space to add it to so I will just keep them in their box for a few days until I will see which eggs are infertile to remplace them.

All the eggs I’ve got is brand new, none started developing except one which was already in the incubator before. And no, I’ve got only one incubator, here’s some pictures.
1B4DF425-8BB2-45C3-BBD1-A9E2CDD3FA92.jpeg

2B95D4A0-C7F9-458F-916C-F9E77A24695D.jpeg

Thank you! I’ve been looking into it but can’t find the info I’m looking for tho. Can you please tell me what’s the page number where I can find it, or send me a screenshot ? Or maybe the info’s simply not there?
I know it's very long and detailed so easy to miss things, but it's there.

There's a graph or table on page 21 (for some reason I can copy the text but not that).. and the information is written before and after that show how or why it's recommended.. small end up, bagged, and turned.. for long term storage..

Right now I have added the eggs in the incubator. I have 4 eggs I can’t find space to add it to so I will just keep them in their box for a few days until I will see which eggs are infertile to remplace them.

All the eggs I’ve got is brand new, none started developing except one which was already in the incubator before. And no, I’ve got only one incubator, here’s some pictures.View attachment 3792949
View attachment 3792935
I'd fill that bator up (rather than storing).. but also.. wow those are dirty eggs to me.. I'd be a bit annoyed if I had paid for them.

Best wishes and happy hatching! :jumpy :jumpy

There is plenty of space for the other 4 eggs in your incubator, they can touch each other as they would under a broody hen.
Mark them on the long side with an O and tve other long side X as this helps you identify which eggs have been already turned and which have to still be turned.

Good luck!
I thought it shouldn’t touch because I’ve searched it on Google before, but I’ll follow your instructions since it makes sense. This really helped. I also took your advice on O and X, good idea. Thank you!
993318F4-04B9-4CF3-8C74-A7BE75A87BF4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom