🚨Wanted:. Weird Wonky Egg Pictures!

Pics
I had an ISA Brown pullet forget to put the final coat of paint on today. Here is that egg next to one I believe was laid by the same chicken the day before.

2B13CDF6-95FB-473F-B2AA-EAA52C265E39.jpeg

Daphne finally passed on last month. Her passion for producing wonky eggs finally did her in. Now, one of my Muscovies has taken on the challenge. What the heck is going on here? All produced within 24 hours. The one at the bottom is solid all the way through.

View attachment 3546639
Yikes. You might want to change how you feed your flock.
Often these type of infections are directly related to how they eat.

Do you mean type of diet, or cleanliness? They are on a mixture of Purina Duck and Mazuri Waterfowl with free-choice oyster shell and a few mealworms at night. They do also have supervised foraging time. I keep the bowls as clean as possible, although it’s a constant struggle with ducks. Any ideas on how to improve would be greatly appreciated!

Edited to add: All other ducks are 100% normal. Also of note, this duck is now 5 and never had issues until this year.

Also, I change drinking water twice daily.

Last edited:
I’ve got an appointment for her tomorrow afternoon at the exotics vet. I’m hoping she can have an antibiotic injection of some sort as I’m going away on Wednesday for 5 days…

Back
Top Bottom