1.5 year old Coturnix Quail with Vent Prolapse - Help needed

I have great news about my sweet quail. Last night she laid an egg and did NOT prolapse again! I watched her in my room for most of today and saw no further problems so I put her back outside in her shed with her friends.

Thank you so much @Wyorp Rock and @Eggcessive for you help! Without it she may have been dead today. If she has further problems I'll let you both know, but she at this time is looking great! Many thanks!

I have great news about my sweet quail. Last night she laid an egg and did NOT prolapse again! I watched her in my room for most of today and saw no further problems so I put her back outside in her shed with her friends.

Thank you so much @Wyorp Rock and @Eggcessive for you help! Without it she may have been dead today. If she has further problems I'll let you both know, but she at this time is looking great! Many thanks!
Oh good!
I'm glad she laid an egg with no problems, that's good news:)

I've heard that drying out eggshells from their eggs in the oven and crushing it up into their food helps as a calcium supplement, I've been doing it for my girls occasionally and I haven't had any issues with it, I do make sure it is a fine powder though so there is no risk on them cutting themselves trying to swallow it.
Hope your girlie gets better :)

Back
Top Bottom