1- Day Staggered Hatch Advice Please

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GeoKan, Aug 6, 2011.

1. GeoKan

GeoKan Cackleberry Curator

Mar 9, 2011
    Troy, Kansas
    I'm in a bit of a situation that I really was hoping to avoid. I tried to get my 2 sets of shipped eggs delivered at the same time, but unfortunately it didn't happen.

So, here I am sitting on day 18 with one set of eggs near lockdown and the other a day behind on day 17. Both sets are currently in the incubator on the turner. I have a hatcher sitting right next to it ready to go.

Can someone give me some sound advice on what I should do? I've been worried about this for weeks and can't make up my mind what the best approach should be.

Thanks.

2. Chef

Chef Chicken Connoisseur

Dec 16, 2008
    So.Cal
    If it where me I would just put them all in the hatcher. I bet they will be ok. You should be able to keep it on lockdown until they all hatch. JMO... Good luck!

Chef

3. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

I agree, they will be OK.[​IMG]

4. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    Yep just lock them down together.. Remember they mail them on day one with No food or water and they are fine.. Good luck and happy Hatching [​IMG]

5. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

OR you could move the ones on day 18 to the hatcher. Tomorrow, turn off the turner (remove it if you want) and let the second batch hatch in the incubator.
    This is assuming you are using a styrofoam incubator or something of that type and not using a sportsman incubator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by