1 Dozen Serama eggs from Class A, B & C stock - lots of colors!!!

TurtleFeathers

Fear the Turtle!
15 Years
Jan 9, 2009
By the Chesapeake Bay
I brought my serama flock indoors for the winter, and they think its summertime!!! My incubator is otherwise occupied for the foreseeable future, and I just HATE to see these beautiful little eggs go to waste, so I thought I'd offer some of them for sale.

Details:

PLEASE DO NOT CLICK "BUY IT NOW" - EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT [email protected], AS MY BYC INBOX IS ALMOST FULL!

This listing is for exactly 12 serama eggs, which are guaranteed to be fresh at the time of shipping, and fertile to the best of my knowledge. I will pack them so that they are snug and insulated, but please note that I cannot guarantee their viability once they reach their destination or your hatch rate, because of circumstances beyond my control after they leave my hands (such as temperature extremes and rough handling in transit, incubation temp/humidity variations and fluctuations, broody behavior, etc...).

I will ship these eggs in the order that payment is received (PAYPAL ONLY PLEASE, to [email protected]) via Priority Mail, with delivery confirmation, to the lower 48 states only. I prefer to ship on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays ONLY, so that your eggs are not as likely to get stuck sitting in a closed postal facility on a Sunday.

About My Birds:

I started putting my little serama flock together in 2008. Originally, I hatched eggs and acquired young birds from some very reputable breeders, grew them out and kept the very best back for breeding. I hatched and culled a LOT along the way, and have now settled on what I believe to be a very nice little flock of beautiful seramas, both in type and temperament.

My present flock includes mostly Class B birds, but there are a few A's and C's as well, and I've had excellent fertility from them, even with the tiniest of eggs. Most have yellow legs, but a couple have willow, and all are smooth/normal feathered. Their colors and patterns cover a wide range: buff and white columbian, golden duckwing, buff and black mottled, barred, somewhat "laced", "wheaten-ish", solid black, and more. There are even a few with a "brown" base coloring - I have no idea if this is dun or true chocolate, as I won't have the space to do any test breeding until spring. Since I am currently housing my entire flock together as one group, there really is no telling what colors they will produce.

20890_seramas4.jpg

20890_seramas3.jpg

20890_seramashirley.jpg

20890_seramas_eating.jpg

20890_seramas.jpg

20890_serama1.jpg

20890_seramapeckerhead.jpg

20890_serama_chile_freckles_pepper_1.jpg

I think that covers everything, and then some... Email me or post here if you have any questions. Thanks for looking, and happy hatching!!!

Quote:
Hi Dave -

I don't know for sure, really, but I suspect she is a wheaten mix of some sort. Seems to be a popular color.

Got your eggs cookin' now?

Quote:
Ya know, I've received eggs from the west coast, and had terrific hatch rates, and I've received them from right here in MD and had zero hatch rates. These were not serama eggs tho, which are a little more sensitive than other eggs. But I've shipped them to the west coast a few times in the past, and they made it just fine - and the receivers had as good a hatch rate as any place else I've shipped to. I can't remember the exact percentages, but my point is, even though I pack my eggs like they're going for a trip around the world, shipping is always a gamble, regardless of the distance they travel.

Are you a member of the SCNA (serama council of north america) and do you show your birds? have you posted pics on SCNA which is free to post to have them virtually judged? Nice birds but I'm new and need show stock or show potential stock. Where did your birds or eggs come from?

Quote:
Well, in short, no, no and no. I keep, breed and raise seramas just for my own enjoyment, so there is no need for any of that. I don't even train them to "pose" for photos, preferring instead to photograph them while they go about their business in a relaxed, natural way.

I got my original serama stock from two different eBay sellers and two different BYC'ers, all reputable breeders whose own birds were from pure/show quality lines, and/or were said to be not too far removed from original imports. I'm now several generations into breeding/culling my own birds (and this goes for ALL the breeds I raise, not just seramas), so I don't like to name drop, as I'm the one that is making the decisions on which birds live in my breeding pens and which ones don't. I hatch a lot and cull hard, according to what I've learned from researching, talking to show breeders, and studying their birds. And because show quality/show potential birds can produce undesirable traits in their offspring, and breeder quality birds can produce show winners, my philosophy has always been "breed the best to the best, and hope for the best".

I hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom