1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

1 fat chicken and 1 thin chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by CharisMcAwesome, Mar 4, 2015.

1. CharisMcAwesome

CharisMcAwesome New Egg

Mar 4, 2015
    I have two beautiful girls, both of whom roost together, however I noticed today one of my girls has gotten thinner than the other.
    She's eating well, and her skin looks fine. these are my first two girls so a bit worried should I just take her to the vet?

- Nevermind I find someone who also has the same issue so will follow the advice on that thread :) - Sorry :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Welcome to BYC. I would recommend worming your chickens with Valbazen 1/2 ml orally, then repeat in 10 days. If you can't find Valbazen, the use SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer 1/4ml per pound of weight for 5 days. Try using a good probiotic such as Probios, or a poultry vitamin that contains probiotics, twice a week to help with intestinal immunity.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by