1 hen and 8 roosters in a pen?

Take pictures of her in her current state, then go back to the feed store and talk to the manager. Show him the pictures. At a feed store, they should have at least an inkling that you don't put one female anything in with 6 males. I'm saying show him the pictures for 2 reasons. (a) he see that you have a record of what his employee did and (b) if it happens again next year, I'd file a complaint with the local AC (or who ever handles livestock).

She was probably put in there to save on having to maintain a separate pen for her. It could have been stupidity on an employee's part or laziness on the manager's part. Either way, it makes no sense to have livestock that you're selling beaten to a pulp. You should not have paid full price for that bird in a savaged state and he's lucky the roos are all beating each other to a pulp.

URH!! stupid people! they couldnt even see that she was in trouble...
sad.png
some people i sware!!
smack.gif

good for you taking her
hugs.gif
im sure she will do just fine under your care.

Quote:
I will. And yes I paid full price. I'm so lame!!!
barnie.gif

She's still skittish. My daughter went in the coop today and gave her some TLC. She's just so beaten down. Grrrrr....

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!man those stupid feed stores have no idea what they are doing
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
:mad::mad:
somad.gif
somad.gif
. i just had fertilized eggs from my feed store and my hen sat on them for 24 days and they didnt hatch so i cracked them open and 3 out of 12 were actually fertilized and the baby embryos died like 12 days ago
hit.gif
. they have no idea what to do with them. on the other hand thanks you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for adopting her. she would have been killed in that pen. they would have all fought for her and they would peck her at least 5 times a day EACH ROOSTER. thats 40 pecks a day!!!!! poor girl. thanks you from the bottom of my heart for rescuing her. i bet she is much happier now
love.gif

Quote:
Slowly but surely she's calming down. The other chickens are still keeping their distance, but I *almost* see some light feathers coming back. (I think?)

Back
Top Bottom