1 hen dead, 1 hen very ill

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenman111, Sep 17, 2014.

1. chickenman111

chickenman111 Chillin' With My Peeps

This morning I found one of my hens lying dead in the chicken run, and I found another hen down in the roosting room, she's a little better now, up moving a little. I checked the dead hen, and the other one, but there are no apparent injuries, no sign of mites, or worms, and they were fine yesterday. Any ideas on what happened?

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  4. chickenman111

ok, I'll look into it

5. chickenman111

The other hen died during the night. I checked the one that died yesterday again, I had noticed she had a floppy neck, I thought she just hadn't gone stiff, but her neck was still floppy, and appears to be broken. Any ideas why that would be?

6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  7. Tatianna

Tatianna Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2013
    Northern New Hampshire
    Kathy is right... you should definitely send them for necropsy. You never know what they could have or transmit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by