1 Mix Rooster and 1 Mix Hen in need of forever home: TX

SesameSt.Chicks

Songster
10 Years
Oct 21, 2009
I have 1 mix breed roo and 1 mix breed hen which I need to re-home. I am no longer able to keep them on the land they've been on, and I am not allowed to have livestock where I live, so I want to give them a new home.

I have raised both from chicks - they are 3 years old. Cookie Monster (roo) is really pretty, I think, is a great guardian to Bertram (hen) and never has hurt her.

He is somewhat aggressive towards humans "invading" "his" space, but not hopelessly - if someone has had experience with roosters, I think he would not be a problem at all. I just had never had chickens before them, and didn't know how to show him who's boss.

The hen, Bertram, has been with Cookie Monster ever since I got them from the same flock (as chicks). She has always been a stupendous layer of light-colored eggs. She is never broody. She doesn't eat her eggs or break them on purpose. She has always been a little unsure around humans, but comes over for treats. She and Cookie Monster get along great and don't fight over food or anything.

They've never been sick, gotten parasites, or needed any special care. I have taken them to the vet to trim their nails. I have Cookie 2x and Bertram 1x. The vet gave me a discount on the Cookie Monster's first nail trimming, too, because Cookie was so well-behaved.

I currently house them in a very open, walk-in coop. Both seem to like the flying ability. They haven't needed any special heat or cooling, even though the coop is very open.

I am only willing to give them away as pets, not food!

I did hatch one of their eggs. She is a Bantam. So, one of them probably has "Bantam genes", but I am not sure which.

I am in TX.

Thank you for your interest! However, I wanted to clarify... Are you in London, Texas, or London, Great Britain?

i'm in east London great Britain please let me know if i can have them thanks.

I am looking for a rooster for my 19 hens. They have a healthy happy home here in Hastings Oklahoma. I would welcome your pair to our flock.We're a couple of hours from Dallas. Where is London texas?

I am looking for a rooster for my 19 hens. They have a healthy happy home here in Hastings Oklahoma. I would welcome your pair to our flock.We're a couple of hours from Dallas. Where is London texas?

Hi! Your home sounds lovely for my chickens. I am not in London, TX. I am in the Texas Hill country, about 5 hours south from Dallas. Please let me know if you are interested in picking them up.

Hi SeseameSt.Chicks,
I was hoping you were closer. I just am not up to a 8+ hour drive. Wish I had a trip planned already I would've been tickled to add your pair to our flock. Sorry

Hi SeseameSt.Chicks,
I was hoping you were closer. I just am not up to a 8+ hour drive. Wish I had a trip planned already I would've been tickled to add your pair to our flock. Sorry

That totally makes sense.
What if we met halfway?

Back
Top Bottom