1 month old quail chick flipping out!~Help!!!

chicken_angler

Coop Constructist
11 Years
Jun 23, 2008
a house
My only quail survivor out of my hatch is not 1 month old. I still have a heat light on him b/c he is in the basement. This morning, I noticed that he was flipping over in the brooder. He tucks his head between his legs and rolls. He sems like he cannot look up but he can at times. What could be wrong? Did I keep a heat lamp on him for too long? The light is set at about 80 degrees, sometimes 82.

What is wrong with him?
Thanks!

Possibly too hot... you didn't say what breed you have, but it could be any number of things. What type of feed are you giving it? Any vitamins? Clean water every day?

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Possibly too hot... you didn't say what breed you have, but it could be any number of things. What type of feed are you giving it? Any vitamins? Clean water every day?

Im sorry. Its a Jumbo Coturnix, but it was hatched from my stock which is not too JUmbo! lol I am giving it chick food thats either 24% or 28%. I dont remember what the label says. NO vitamins b/c I only had one hatch so I didnt want to invest a ton of money into him. I change his water every day and a half or every day if it is fulll of shavings or poop.

It couldnt be the pine shavings in his cage causing this right?

Thanks!​

Probably not, unless they were contaminated with something... hmmm... hopefully someone will step in, because I'm at a loss...

Back
Top Bottom